NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Enlighten me. What can you do in Lake Michigan without a boat? What can you do in Lake Michigan with a boat other than fish(and you cant/shouldn't even eat the fish) and be in a boat? 

Why can't I use a boat? That's like saying "enlighten me what you can do in the Rocky Mountains without skis/snowboard?" You can do anything on Green Bay in a boat that you would do on any other body of water in the world with a boat.

Also lol "can't/shouldn't" eat fish out of Green Bay.

BTW, I think the NFL removing Michael Irvin any Super Bowl coverage is bull****. He has witnesses who say nothing of any consequences happened. 

Full disclosure, not a fan of Irvin's by any means. This cancel culture has to stop. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Why can't I use a boat? That's like saying "enlighten me what you can do in the Rocky Mountains without skis/snowboard?" You can do anything on Green Bay in a boat that you would do on any other body of water in the world with a boat.

Also lol "can't/shouldn't" eat fish out of Green Bay.

Exactly. You can do anything in a boat on any body of water in the world that you would do on Green Bay with a boat. You've made the point that it isn't special. You can have a boat there really isn't a great selling point.  Also, most people can't afford a boat nice enough to be more fun than work. If you have to invest 20k+ on something to make a place enjoyable is it really?

Look I don't WANT to **** on Green Bay but it's small (1/4 the size of any other NFL city) and the weather sucks and there's nothing exceptional about it other than the Packers. That's just reality. 

• Like 1

Things like access to the various bodies of water, the woods, etc are not seen as big perks for some folks. Much like how the various entertainment/nightlife options that big cities contain aren't perks for others. Everyone is looking for something different, and that's okay.

My parents love the town I grew up in and still live there to this day. They enjoy the quiet, the space, and their local stores (though they do complain about the issues with the grocery stores). I appreciate it for what it is, but that just doesn't appeal to me.

Much like with Green Bay, there are players like AJ Dillon who fall in love with Door County. And there are those who just can't wait to leave or just don't find it appealing so they never want to visit to begin with.

Edited by Striker

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

I live in a huge, green valley. I have none of those things.

Don't judge the place you've never been.

Taxes, nut cases, libs ..  good for you though if you like that stuff.  Been to California a bunch of times and certain places are indeed very nice.  It's the entire picture though and it's not for me.

Name a pro sports market that would be worse to play in as a single twenty something year old than Green Bay. 

What % of NFL players do you think qualify as outdoorsmen?

How much time do players actually have to go do anything in the middle of the playing season?

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Name a pro sports market that would be worse to play in as a single twenty something year old than Green Bay. 

How much time do players actually have to go do anything in the middle of the playing season?

Your last sentence kind of negates the first one, given their actual time constraints. 

No dog in the fight. The reality is Green Bay, like LA is not for everyone. 

Just now, ChaRisMa said:

Do their job for 6 months, keep their noses clean and they can live in their paradise the other 6 months.  Tough life .. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

Which twenty year old? 

Shockingly, even 20 year olds choose different places to live than other 20 ye olds.

Let’s limit it to players we can draft or sign in free agency. But let’s make it 4 years on Green Bay vs 4 years in other city.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Exactly. You can do anything in a boat on any body of water in the world that you would do on Green Bay with a boat. You've made the point that it isn't special. You can have a boat there really isn't a great selling point.  Also, most people can't afford a boat nice enough to be more fun than work. If you have to invest 20k+ on something to make a place enjoyable is it really?

Look I don't WANT to **** on Green Bay but it's small (1/4 the size of any other NFL city) and the weather sucks and there's nothing exceptional about it other than the Packers. That's just reality. 

Nothing exceptional? Depends what you define as exceptional. There is a lot more to GB than the Packers.