NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 3/17/2023 at 5:29 PM, solidvikingfan said:

So you seem to not see this as much more then a comp pick but what kind of player are we getting here?

I'm late to the party, as usual, but I'll weigh in.

He will be a great professional for you.  He will work hard.  He will know his assignment and the assignments around him.  He best ability is availability.

He won't flash big plays consistently.  He isn't taking on doubles at all, and he he offers little anchor.

But he will be high effort and high intelligence.  

He gets ripped on a lot in here because he signed a few deals that paid him more than what his play was worth.  For years we hopped that he would finally take the next step to being a real play maker.  But it never materialized.

He shouldn't start for you.  But he should eat a lot of snaps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is an odd one. 26-year old gets a 1-year deal...

These guys thought they were going to make big coin now are happy to take what they can get before the market and the cash totally disappears. Same with CJGJ who just signed with the Jets. Bargains to be had but we ain't got no dough

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

TE market is SOFFFFT

Probably because of this deep draft class. If I'm Dalton Schultz, a one year deal in Houston is super duper gross. He must have had very little interest.

Must be. If the Packers are indeed interested in vet, they might be able to get a guy like Hooper for a couple mil tops. 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

TE market is SOFFFFT

Probably because of this deep draft class. If I'm Dalton Schultz, a one year deal in Houston is super duper gross. He must have had very little interest.

Look at it this way.....HOU is close enough to DAL that he might not have to sell his house etc. 

36 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

TE market is SOFFFFT

What if... the Texans stink again, but Schultz just puts up numbers because he is a good receiving TE and the only legit target? 

And if someone tells me about their aunt's balls.............

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Are you implying that the traffic's bad?

It takes a LONG time.  Texas is huge.  To be fair, I started counting Dallas when we were on the Northern edge of the city, and didn't count Houston until we were in Galveston, which is South and East of Houston.  Parents' house to Dallas ~8am to noon.  Dallas to Galveston ~noon to 9pm.  

Unless I entered a weird time warp of tedious boredom and it felt that long.

Edited by ThatJerkDave