NFL News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Paying Rodgers top dollar is fine if he elevates the play of the guys that have to come in on the cheap.  Problem is, he doesn’t.  

Problem is .. that's very true but not the issue we are talking about.  We are discussing Gute and his job as gm.  

19 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Then the Packers will never win a SB under the current org structure that Murphy set up.  Your response only changes that we then need to rid ourselves of ALL of the leadership.  

We can only judge based on what we have been told.  If the organization is so jacked up that our GM isn't a real GM, then it only signals larger problems than originally imagined.  

I want the Green Bay Packer to remain a top organization and put forward good football for Packer fans for years to come.   Gute and Murphy have taken a proven process and poisoned it.  The steps made the last couple years aren't the ones taken by successful organizations.  I really don't care if that bothers, offends or hurts your feelings.   I'd much rather people realize what is happening and demand change instead of whitewashing failure under the guise of fandom.

It's evident your big time dislike of current Packer management is clouding your thought process.  It would be healthy for you to take a time out and head to Rodgers "dark retreat" and chill out.   It may help as Gute/Murphy/MLF will be around for a few more years at least.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

For him it was almost low key.  He's more obsessed with bashing Gute than Cookie Monster is obsessed with cookies.

Imagine the ammunition hed have if Gute traded Rodgers and went on to have a better W/L than Love and the packers. Just a classic win win for the toxic internet kid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

It's evident your big time dislike of current Packer management is clouding your thought process.  It would be healthy for you to take a time out and head to Rodgers "dark retreat" and chill out.   It may help as Gute/Murphy/MLF will be around for a few more years at least.

No, my thought process is quite clear.   My predictions on how things would transpire over the past few years has been very accurate.   No need for any kind of retreat.

Perhaps Gute simply has AR derangement syndrome and will remove his head from his arse when Rodgers is no longer in the organization.   Can he start improving his decision making with Rodgers no longer in the picture?   That really is the main hope.   

Why is it that people seem to feel that those critical need to chill out?  I am relaxed and cognizant of the errors.   Why aren't those who ignore the OBVIOUS mistakes not told to go to a dark retreat and analyze their thought process'?

22 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Imagine the ammunition hed have if Gute traded Rodgers and went on to have a better W/L than Love and the packers. Just a classic win win for the toxic internet kid.

Dumb.   Would expect them to have a better record.   One can dislike the job Gute has done without wishing ill on Jordan Love.

26 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

What's toxic about recognizing the organizations shortfalls and wanting them to be fixed?

I think you guys are really misinterpreting @hitnhope here.  We had pretty good discussion in the draft grading threads.  His bias IS against Gute, that is true.  But he isn't pulling garbage from his ***.  He just has a different take on a couple of things, and is less optimistic in the current brain-trust's ability to keep things steered in the right direction.  He gets combative because people jump on him immediately when he disagrees.

I like Gute more than he does, but recognize some of the points that he is making.  I think my opinion of Gute also has a lot to do with the fact that Gute has selected some of my favorite players in past drafts.  Some hits on the list, some misses.  But we tend to have similar reads on guys, so far.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like Gute more than he does, but recognize some of the points that he is making.  I think my opinion of Gute also has a lot to do with the fact that Gute has selected some of my favorite players in past drafts.  Some hits on the list, some misses.  But we tend to have similar reads on guys, so far.  

FIRETJD!!!

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Problem is .. that's very true but not the issue we are talking about.  We are discussing Gute and his job as gm.  

I’m saying it makes sense for Gute to bet on that as a GM. 

Even though the outcome wasn’t good, the process wasn’t unwise.  

Edited by LacyIsGood

Building a team for a young and below market QB (even if he gets an extension, it likely won’t be top dollar) is going to look a lot different than building one with one of the most expensive players in the NFL. He helped get that latter kind of team to the precipice. 

I’m generally Pro-Gute, though I do think he should only have roughly a 2-3 year leash. Next year, I don’t care what GB’s record is as long as JL10 looks something like a starting QB. In year 2, I expect to make the playoffs, even if it’s just as a wild card. I expect Love to appear worthy of an extension. If he’s not, Gute is gone. I don’t want him selecting the next QB. 

If we sneak into the playoffs in 2023 and/or 2024, then my expectations would be to truly contend for the big game in 2025. Otherwise I will want a new GM. I like Gute though, so I hope it all works out. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 6:17 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

I think you guys are really misinterpreting @hitnhope here.  We had pretty good discussion in the draft grading threads.  His bias IS against Gute, that is true.  But he isn't pulling garbage from his ***.  He just has a different take on a couple of things, and is less optimistic in the current brain-trust's ability to keep things steered in the right direction.  He gets combative because people jump on him immediately when he disagrees.

Let's not ignore the fact that he has been one of the most combative (without provocation), pretentious, and condescending pricks in this sub.  He jumps all over anyone who disagrees with him on anything or when anyone says something he disagrees with, and then if someone does the same to him he immediately plays the victim card.  It's not a matter of having a different opinion, it's acting like his opinion is fact and constantly being a condescending d-bag about it.  He's one of several like that in this sub and it's why a lot of people have no interest in engaging with him or others like him.