NFL News & Notes

Leader

I actually would have been down with a 4'th for him.  

I seem to remember someone once telling me, or reading, that you typically bid a round lower than where you thought the kid would have gone in the regular draft.

Not sure if there is any truth to that, just something I seem to recall.  Anyone else remember that?

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I actually would have been down with a 4'th for him.  

I seem to remember someone once telling me, or reading, that you typically bid a round lower than where you thought the kid would have gone in the regular draft.

Not sure if there is any truth to that, just something I seem to recall.  Anyone else remember that?

It depends where you are in the draft order. If you're picking high, you generally go down a round. If you're picking low, you usually pick in the same round.

1 hour ago, Kenrik said:

Round 4 is over of the supplemental draft and no picks in. Would like to spend a 5th on Jalen.

1. #Lions 2. #Broncos 3. #Jets 4. #Cardinals 5. #Giants 6. #Bills 7. #Raiders 8. #49ers 9. #Jaguars 10. #Packers 11. #Bengals 12. #Bucs 13. #Falcons 14. #Vikings 15. #Redskins 16. #Titans

We got F'ed on that lottery. 10 out of 12. I'm guessing we'll learn in the next day or so whether we put in a bid for Thompson with our 5th but at 10th in the order that round, no way was he going to make it. 

I wouldn't have used our 4th either. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

We got F'ed on that lottery. 10 out of 12. I'm guessing we'll learn in the next day or so whether we put in a bid for Thompson with our 5th but at 10th in the order that round, no way was he going to make it. 

I wouldn't have used our 4th either. 

I mean, we went up 2 spots. The Bucs went from 5th to 12th, but it doesn't matter cause the 4th (1st in the draft) priority got him anyway 

Edited by JBURGE

Free agent RB Jeremy Hill (ACL) is still working back to full health. Hill made the Patriots' initial roster last year, but he suffered a torn ACL in the season opener and is still not back to 100 percent, although he hopes he will be cleared soon. "I’m just trying to get healthy and once that happens, I’ll be back," Hill said. "I’m pretty close. I’m about eight months out of surgery, so hopefully soon."

Former Titans and Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth posted on Instagram that his kidneys have failed him, and he is in dire need of a transplant donor. Haynesworth badly needs someone to donate a kidney after his finally failed him on July 7. He's been battling kidney disease for a few years now, and it's just the latest in unfortunate medical events for the big man. He suffered a brain aneurysm a few years back. Haynesworth is just 38 years old and last played in 2011. It's too soon for his body to be breaking down like this. "If you are interested in giving this precious gift, please call Vanderbilt at 615-936-0695 and hit option 2," Haynesworth wrote. "GOD BLESS. Thank you for your prayers."

Bleacher Report:

The future of the NFLs full-time referee program is under review. According to ESPN's Kevin Seifert, the league has suspended the program amid labor negotiations with the NFL Referees Association. 

"Barring a turn in negotiations, the decision means the NFL will revert to its previous structure of using a full roster of officials whose employment status is part-time," Seifert wrote.

The NFL and NFLRA came to terms on an eight year collective bargaining agreement in Sept. 2012 to end a lockout initiated by officials that June. During the referees' lockout, the league brought in replacement referees for the first three weeks of the season.

Tom Pelissero:  The NFL has suspended Raiders G Richie Incognito two games for violating the personal conduct policy. GM Mike Mayock was aware of likely discipline for a pair of incidents last year before signing Incognito to a one-year deal and has said they’ll help him help himself.

There's a history of AFL that was on showtime. It's on YouTube. Happened on to it again, seen it a couple times. Look it up if you ever have time. Think it's 5 episodes. It's pretty damn interesting if you're into that kind of thing, I know most don't care about pro football history but it's pretty cool

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, Leader said:

Free agent RB Jeremy Hill (ACL) is still working back to full health. Hill made the Patriots' initial roster last year, but he suffered a torn ACL in the season opener and is still not back to 100 percent, although he hopes he will be cleared soon. "I’m just trying to get healthy and once that happens, I’ll be back," Hill said. "I’m pretty close. I’m about eight months out of surgery, so hopefully soon."

Definitely worth kicking the tires. He's such a different back than who we have. 

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Those Browns are going to be tough to stop.. what with Njoku getting 20 TDs, Chubb going for 2k yards. And Jarvis and Odell each hitting 1500 and 10TDs. Who is the last team to live up to this kind of hype? Especially after a sub .500 year?

Certainly not the Eagles "Dream Team" lol