NFL News & Notes

Leader

NY Post: Steven Jackson retired from the NFL in 2015, but he’s still getting drug tested.

Jackson recently signed a one-day contract with the Rams, whom he played for from 2004-2012. The contract was ceremonial, allowing the three-time Pro Bowler to officially retire as a member of the team and officially put on the jersey one last time. The league apparently missed the memo, however, summoning him to a drug test. Jackson has no plans to comply.

“Dear NFL can you tell Mr. Lombardo that I signed a one day contract,” Jackson posted on Twitter: “I will not be reporting today for my random drug test screening. Thanks in advance #retirement life.”

from Daniel Jeremiah twitter

"Interesting trend to monitor from my tour— offenses have been falling in love with 12 personnel (1 RB, 2 TE). However, I spoke to 2 DC’s & they said they will stay in nickel vs that grouping this year. Basically daring teams to run the ball. Can your TEs block? "

Don Banks, the veteran football writer who was recently hired by the Review-Journal to cover the NFL, died in his sleep early Sunday morning after attending Hall of Fame ceremonies in Canton, Ohio. He was 56.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Don Banks, the veteran football writer who was recently hired by the Review-Journal to cover the NFL, died in his sleep early Sunday morning after attending Hall of Fame ceremonies in Canton, Ohio.

Cliff Branch died in his sleep the same night! Sad! 

On 8/2/2019 at 12:26 PM, Leader said:

NY Post: Steven Jackson retired from the NFL in 2015, but he’s still getting drug tested.

Jackson recently signed a one-day contract with the Rams, whom he played for from 2004-2012. The contract was ceremonial, allowing the three-time Pro Bowler to officially retire as a member of the team and officially put on the jersey one last time. The league apparently missed the memo, however, summoning him to a drug test. Jackson has no plans to comply.

“Dear NFL can you tell Mr. Lombardo that I signed a one day contract,” Jackson posted on Twitter: “I will not be reporting today for my random drug test screening. Thanks in advance #retirement life.”

I would probably just do a bunch of drugs and then fail the test.  What are they going to do, suspend me?