NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/21/chicago-bears-kicker-competition-obsession-cody-parkey-miss-matt-nagy-eddy-pineiro

Lol Bears, this is hilarious.

"Several sources active in the kicking community say Parkey is clearly better than anyone the Bears brought in this offseason"

And the default “winner” of the kicking competition, at least for now, is some cat named Eddy Pineiro, who has never kicked in a regular season NFL game.

ESPN also posted an article on the topic, and the rejected kickers say that Nagy had them kick field goals over and over again from a distance of 43 yards, the distance at which Parkey bonked the potential game-winner in last year’s playoffs. Sounds like Coach Nagy stuck in the loop:      https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27434075/nagy-defends-bears-kicker-search-amid-backlash   () - : #

Edited by JQ1

14 hours ago, JQ1 said:

And the default “winner” of the kicking competition, at least for now, is some cat named Eddy Pineiro, who has never kicked in a regular season NFL game.

ESPN also posted an article on the topic, and the rejected kickers say that Nagy had them kick field goals over and over again from a distance of 43 yards, the distance at which Parkey bonked the potential game-winner in last year’s playoffs. Sounds like Coach Nagy stuck in the loop:      https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27434075/nagy-defends-bears-kicker-search-amid-backlash   () - : #

Wow, Nagy sounds like a complete head case.  His obsession over this nightmare will continue to distract his team and keep the negative vibe prevalent.  Good luck to their kickers in that environment, LOL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

True, but in that environment, it doesn't matter how good you are - when you have a headcase coach giving you death stares all day everyday, LOL.

True and I should have said, I don't think he sucks. He seems to have some ability. He wasn't a total nobody coming out of school, but yeah that looks a bit scary there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Uh, Patrick Chung indicted on cocaine charges?

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He wouldn't share.  

So we've got a deranged killer.  Owner who was caught on tape...uh...yah I'll leave it at that.  And now a player indicted on cocaine charges.

Just a long list of strange stuff from that organization.  Sure they win, but this is getting odd.  It just stacks up on itself.

Deflategate.  Tuck rule. 

What else am I missing?  I"m sure there is more.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, vegas492 said:

So we've got a deranged killer.  Owner who was caught on tape...uh...yah I'll leave it at that.  And now a player indicted on cocaine charges.

Just a long list of strange stuff from that organization.  Sure they win, but this is getting odd.  It just stacks up on itself.

Deflategate.  Tuck rule. 

open-mouth children kissing

• Like 3

On 8/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, vegas492 said:

Deflategate.  Tuck rule. 

You literally missed the biggest one in Spygate, duh.