Jump to content

NFL News & Notes


Recommended Posts

I'm not sure on the rules, but...if he's on the roster on opening day, his salary is guaranteed.

I don't know if the suspended list guarantees his salary or not.

I'm thinking they need to cut him.  If you are trying to establish a culture, you can't have that around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not sure on the rules, but...if he's on the roster on opening day, his salary is guaranteed.

I don't know if the suspended list guarantees his salary or not.

I'm thinking they need to cut him.  If you are trying to establish a culture, you can't have that around.

Adam Schefter Retweeted
ig: josinaanderson:
  Source: #Raiders WR Antonio Brown just issued “an emotional apology” at a team meeting this morning, just now, “with team captains standing with him.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter Retweeted
ig: josinaanderson:
  Source: #Raiders WR Antonio Brown just issued “an emotional apology” at a team meeting this morning, just now, “with team captains standing with him.”

Rosenhaus told him that if he's suspended, his guaranteed money is gone.

This is an agent doing damage control.

Raiders/Gruden went all in with the guy, though.  It's a bad look for them to suspend him, then release him. 

It's also a bad look to allow him to stay with the team.

Good luck, Jon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Rapoport: Here is a sense of how quickly things are changing in Oakland: Yesterday, Raiders coach Jon Gruden told people AB was not in their plans for Monday. Now, I hear… there is a real chance he not only does not get suspended but actually plays. Wild times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport: Here is a sense of how quickly things are changing in Oakland: Yesterday, Raiders coach Jon Gruden told people AB was not in their plans for Monday. Now, I hear… there is a real chance he not only does not get suspended but actually plays. Wild times.

Gruden was probably like who do you think you are mayock? The GM? Lol, no. Now go back to your office and find me the next draft gem

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Donzo said:

The Ravens cut Kenneth Dixon. That a nice three down back out there. He'll probably get claimed.

I just finished watching the game a second time on NFL Game Pass, or whatever it's called. One observation I have (and I could be wrong) is Jamal Williams doesn't seem to fit the offense. He doesn't have the burst and speed to get outside. When I rewatched the game, it seemed that when Jones was in (minus the first three possessions) the offense was working better than when Williams was in. When Williams was in the offense went into a shell. 

So if Dixon has the burst and speed to get wide, he's worth a look. I would also consider trading Jamal Williams and a draft pick for Melvin Gordon, if Gordon still has the ability to get wide like he did in Madison. Jamal Williams just doesn't seem like a good fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...