NFL News & Notes

Leader

38 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I know the odds of it happening are probably as close to zero as they can come. I’m just wondering if anyone here would be willing to welcome him if he wanted to prove it and take his chances at a massive deal next year again. Personally I’d want the best from him until his first incident and then I’d be the first to want him cut immediately after. 

With all due respect, it's not even a thought worth entertaining. If he hasn't been able to keep it together for a week to get a guaranteed 30M, he won't keep it together for any kind of "prove it" deal.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't see the manic depression, it looks more like a pervasive personality disorder to me.  Personality disorders are very hard to treat effectively.

I'm not doctor but all I know is he needs help. Whether treatable or not, he's got to try and get help. 

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

With all due respect, it's not even a thought worth entertaining. If he hasn't been able to keep it together for a week to get a guaranteed 30M, he won't keep it together for any kind of "prove it" deal.

Exactly- he could have still proven himself playing in Oakland and made 10's of millions of dollars.

He ain't playing for low pay.

19 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I"m guessing Antoio Brown has manic-depression and needs to be treated for it. It's more sad than anything at this point because it is all out there for public display. If the NFL cared at all about the people who work for them, they'd get him help. They won't because it's not who they are. 

The kid is in trouble and no one is doing anything. This is beyond diva behavior at this point,  it's pathetic! Mental illness is no joke! 

As the employer, it is not within the NFL's purview to decide for Brown to get mental health assistance.

Indeed, it may constitute unlawful disability discrimination.

It is the role of, and incumbent upon, Brown's agent and the NFLPA (who Brown pays good $ to in order to look after his interests) to intervene here on his behalf. 

• Like 1

In my never ending desire for Aaron's second SB ring, if they cut him and he was willing to take a 1 year, base salary only contract, I'd still do it. I'm not giving that guy a penny of guarantees so I'd imagine Gute's phone call would be him saying eff you, hanging up and posting the conversation on Instagram, but my desperation levels for Aaron's 2nd ring are at levels where I'm willing to try crazy things.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

In my never ending desire for Aaron's second SB ring, if they cut him and he was willing to take a 1 year, base salary only contract, I'd still do it. I'm not giving that guy a penny of guarantees so I'd imagine Gute's phone call would be him saying eff you, hanging up and posting the conversation on Instagram, but my desperation levels for Aaron's 2nd ring are at levels where I'm willing to try crazy things.

I'm not sure his talent would overcome his craziness. That is an easy pass for me, but I complete concur with the sentiment regarding A-Rod. 

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't see the manic depression, it looks more like a pervasive personality disorder to me.  Personality disorders are very hard to treat effectively.

Yep. It can look a bit like manic/depressive because the person bangs back and forth between extremes of “This/You are the best/worst with no measured middle ground. The person can hold onto irrational takes despite all evidence and despite all advice from caring friends and family. It can be hard to treat. People who suffer from it usually bail on therapists that try to get them to confront their issues. 

I think he's out of football for a year, and then begs a team to take him once those paychecks stop rolling in.  I'm sure he wont ever play for pennies - but he won't ever get guaranteed money, either.

The only thing is, if he can't make it in Oakland, who's gonna take him?

• Like 1