NFL News & Notes

Leader

I repeat - as of a couple of days ago, all AB had to do was keep quiet for a week, play a few snaps this Monday and that would have guaranteed his salary for two years, adding to 30 million. Why in the nine hells would you now believe he's going to come here on the cheap and ball out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The people who are in position to make the decisions regarding Antonio Brown know much more about the situation than any of us.  So if they don't do it (which seems likely) I get it.  If they do it, I also get it.

I imagine "not having Gruden (who loves AB) as the coach" is going to help, wherever he goes.

I hope somebody else is dumb enough to give him back that 30 million guaranteed. Seattle would be my dream choice too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Golfman said:

I hope somebody else is dumb enough to give him back that 30 million guaranteed. Seattle would be my dream choice too. 

You're not going to sign a guy who just went through this to a multi-year deal with huge guarantees.  At best he's going to get a prove-it deal with some money put up on the front end.

Public comment: 

Agent Drew Rosenhaus: "It’s been well-documented that it’s been a rocky road from the beginning. Unfortunately, not all relationships between players & teams work out. … Everybody had the best intentions going in but it didn’t pan out."

Private thought:

"That bastard just cost me $900K!"

I totally get why people wouldn’t want AB. He’s literally insane. He isn’t going to sniff the deal he got from Oakland.

With that said I’d take AB on a 1 year deal for the rest of the year (we have 10m in space, I’d give him 7).  We really could use another playmaker at WR.  I question if this O has the skill position talent outside of Adams. The time on AR’s career is ticking and I’m willing to go for it. Gambling on crazy can work. Our 96 team gambled on Risen, the Pats got run out of Moss, TO helped Philly get to a SB and helped the Boys.

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

I totally get why people wouldn’t want AB. He’s literally insane. He isn’t going to sniff the deal he got from Oakland.

With that said I’d take AB on a 1 year deal for the rest of the year (we have 10m in space, I’d give him 7).  We really could use another playmaker at WR.  I question if this O has the skill position talent outside of Adams. The time on AR’s career is ticking and I’m willing to go for it. Gambling on crazy can work. Our 96 team gambled on Risen, the Pats got run out of Moss, TO helped Philly get to a SB and helped the Boys.

Have you not see or heard what has gone on. You want that in GB. It’s like people beleive he would come here and be quiet. You want that guy around rookies. I would pass on him if he paid to come here. I would taint the young guys he is a cancer. His production is not even close to worth it or Oakland would have paid him. Ignoring evidence is the truest form of insanity.