NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Okay. So Jackson and a 2nd - or would you go 1st plus the player?

Kings certainly more talented than Jackson.....its a wager on how healthy you think he's gonna be.

Fitzpatrick played all 16 games his rookie season.

Jackson and a 2nd for Fitzpatrick .. yeah .. definitely would do that.

King is a tougher call, but if I had to bet he will get hurt again fairly soon.  Doesn't seem to have the body to hold up to the rigors of the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Jackson and a 2nd for Fitzpatrick .. yeah .. definitely would do that.

King is a tougher call, but if I had to bet he will get hurt again fairly soon.  Doesn't seem to have the body to hold up to the rigors of the NFL.

So figuratively - you're trading for KK's part time/full time replacement and giving up high draft talent and secondary depth. No?

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay. So Jackson and a 2nd - or would you go 1st plus the player?

Kings certainly more talented than Jackson.....its a wager on how healthy you think he's gonna be.

Fitzpatrick played all 16 games his rookie season.

So in theory you're buying snaps from a player that stands a better chance of being on the field than King.

Might give us the smallest secondary in the league......but anyway :)

Let's back up a bit.... if the rumour is that Miami would accept a 2nd, why would we add either Josh Jackson or Kevin King in a deal PLUS a 2nd? That's ridiculous for us. Let alone a 1st.

I don't offer any of those guys up. The Dolphins seem to want draft capital, so throw in another pick. If you have to add a player, add someone like Cole Madison or Lucas Patrick. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Let's back up a bit.... if the rumour is that Miami would accept a 2nd, why would we add either Josh Jackson or Kevin King in a deal PLUS a 2nd? That's ridiculous for us. Let alone a 1st. I don't offer any of those guys up. The Dolphins seem to want draft capital, so throw in another pick. If you have to add a player, add someone like Cole Madison or Lucas Patrick. 

Okay. My thoughts were along the lines that our #2 might not be considered high enough if we're competing with a loser team.

• Like 1

Just now, JBURGE said:

Let's back up a bit.... if the rumour is that Miami would accept a 2nd, why would we add either Josh Jackson or Kevin King in a deal PLUS a 2nd? That's ridiculous for us. Let alone a 1st.

I don't offer any of those guys up. The Dolphins seem to want draft capital, so throw in another pick. If you have to add a player, add someone like Cole Madison or Lucas Patrick. 

I think the thought is that our 2nd wouldn't be good enough to get it done, so what do you have to do to avoid giving up a 1st round pick?

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the thought is that our 2nd wouldn't be good enough to get it done, so what do you have to do to avoid giving up a 1st round pick?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Okay. My thoughts were along the lines that our #2 might not be considered high enough if we're competing with a loser team.

Add a 4th. Add a 2021 3rd. Don't add Josh Jackson in his 2nd year, and don't add Kevin King who has CB1 potential if he's healthy. 

Plus I don't see why Miami would be looking for a player back anyway, especially at the same position

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Add a 4th. Add a 2021 3rd. Don't add Josh Jackson in his 2nd year, and don't add Kevin King who has CB1 potential if he's healthy. 

Plus I don't see why Miami would be looking for a player back anyway, especially at the same position

Giving up picks is fine .. just figuring if we add a guy like Fitz there isn't much use for Josh Jackson any longer.   He really doesn't seem like a good fit for this defense.

Unfortunately, Gute becomes Ted Thompson once the season starts.  He will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Okay. Thanks for the input. I was just flying scenarios by you. I'd like nothing more than to low ball them and still secure the talent to match up with whats on hand already.

Odd man out is Tramon IMO.

A supercharged secondary of KK/Alex/Fitz/Savage/Amos + JJ + Brown + Tramon + whomever else - would certainly work for me. Thats a damn fast and aggressive secondary - which would enhance our pass rush guys as well.

Will it happen? Who knows.

Also - small tidbit - KK was a TT draft selection. Fitzpatrick is said to have been a Gute "want"