NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, KFP7 said:

Chubb is done for the year in Denver, and now the rumors are flying about a complete rebuild.  Even Von Miller is being hinted as trade-able.  So how realistic is it for us to get Sanders?  In theory it sure seems like he could shore up the WR group really well.  Adams, Sanders, MVS, Geronimo doesn't look so bad.  I haven't really paid much attention to Sanders lately though.

Heck with Sanders and that contract, what about flipping them something a little better and trying to get Sutton? (Sanders is still special, he's just pricey.)

Younger, cheaper, better?

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Heck with Sanders and that contract, what about flipping them something a little better and trying to get Sutton? (Sanders is still special, he's just pricey.)

What do you propose?  Sutton is someone I’m sure the Broncos would like to rebuild their roster around.  Chubb, Lindsey, and Sutton are a young, solid core that I doubt the Broncos would want to move.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm guessing the price would be at least a 2nd round pick. Doubt the broncos trade their 2nd rounder from a year ago  who's performing well. 

Shaq Barrett was mentioned here by myself and others as a potential under the radar EDGE signing. Played behind Ware, Miller and Chubb in Denver. Caught my eye when I watched a bit of Tampa-LA.

Guy has 9 sacks, 3 FF and an INT....in 4 games. Hell of a signing for Tampa, unfortunately for them it's a 1 year deal.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  Please tell me the Dolphins & Bengals play this year and please tell me it’s in primetime. I want to see who really wants to lose more.

The Bengals have been moving the ball fairly well all night, but just keep shooting themselves in the foot.  Just crazy, especially considering the bevy of talent they have on offense.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'd imagine while cheaper on the salary, much more expensive on the draft picks. 

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Shaq Barrett was mentioned here by myself and others as a potential under the radar EDGE signing. Played behind Ware, Miller and Chubb in Denver. Caught my eye when I watched a bit of Tampa-LA.

Guy has 9 sacks, 3 FF and an INT....in 4 games. Hell of a signing for Tampa, unfortunately for them it's a 1 year deal.

I wanted him, too.  When you and I agree you know it’s right.

• Like 1

I just read some grumblings about how the Bengals should trade AJ Green rather than wait a year for a Comp pick...

Assuming his ankle is good to go in a couple of weeks, with a good outlook for the rest of the season...would you trade for him?

i think he’d look awfully nice in Green n Gold...

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Would they really let him walk?

If he blows up and has over 20 sacks on the season and close to 10 forced fumbles he’s going to cost a fortune. Very risky considering he’s never come close to this kind of production before this season. 

7 hours ago, n8ghee said:

I just read some grumblings about how the Bengals should trade AJ Green rather than wait a year for a Comp pick...

Assuming his ankle is good to go in a couple of weeks, with a good outlook for the rest of the season...would you trade for him?

i think he’d look awfully nice in Green n Gold...

Totally would be into that.  He's still got some game .. just would have to hope he could stay healthy.  I still like the idea of Emmanuel Sanders as well.  He's a versatile receiver who still has tread on those tires.  He's made a great recovery from an achilles injury.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:
10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I wanted him, too.  When you and I agree you know it’s right.

Let's not forget a lot of people who wanted Barrett also wanted Shane Ray. You win some, you lose some