NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, JBURGE said:

Let's not forget a lot of people who wanted Barrett also wanted Shane Ray. You win some, you lose some

Yes, this is true, but I still like cheap veterans over not cheap veterans.  People should not act smug over the Smiths.  High-priced EDGE rushers historically do not do as well as they've done. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Let's not forget a lot of people who wanted Barrett also wanted Shane Ray. You win some, you lose some

Yes, this is true, but I still like cheap veterans over not cheap veterans.  People should not act smug over the Smiths.  High-priced EDGE rushers historically do not do as well as they've done. 

No doubt. The fact that both Smith's are playing well and are both leaders is lucky af. I know we all felt we overpaid for Z, but the contract is looking fine now. We needed that culture reset

• Like 2

Just now, JBURGE said:

No doubt. The fact that both Smith's are playing well and are both leaders is lucky af. I know we all felt we overpaid for Z, but the contract is looking fine now. We needed that culture reset

Yeah, love Z. Smith.  When I woke up that morning and saw that we signed Amos, I was like EFF YES SUPER BOWL.  Then I saw we signed Turner and I was even more excited.  Then I saw both the Smiths and I was like... Super Bowl cancelled, cap hell incoming. 

Then I actually saw some videos of Z. Smith and what he was like.  Dude is about as humble and selfless as you can get. 

Good on Gute for getting guys who want to win. 

This was a Ron Wolfe level offseason. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, love Z. Smith.  When I woke up that morning and saw that we signed Amos, I was like EFF YES SUPER BOWL.  Then I saw we signed Turner and I was even more excited.  Then I saw both the Smiths and I was like... Super Bowl cancelled, cap hell incoming. 

Then I actually saw some videos of Z. Smith and what he was like.  Dude is about as humble and selfless as you can get. 

Good on Gute for getting guys who want to win. 

This was a Ron Wolfe level offseason. 

I was pretty indifferent on Turner, and then even a little meh when we drafted Elgton, but when we let Spriggs go it made more sense. 

Zadarius has the best personality... love listening to his interviews. Z + P = (L) 

10 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Would they really let him walk?

Who knows, they aren't getting him for 5m a year though, that's for sure. Bet on himself and hit the jackpot. Even if he limps his way to say 4-5 more sacks over the remaining 12 games, a 13 sack guy hitting the FA market is going to get 15+ over at least 3 years. He went from Von's backup to making life changing money in a year. 

11 hours ago, KFP7 said:

I'd imagine while cheaper on the salary, much more expensive on the draft picks. 

Yes.  Also can be a clear #2 for many years.

I would part with a second for him.  If a WR were to be drafted in the second, it would take a minimum of 2 years for him to get up to speed with Arod.  Take Sutton now and he's likely there by the start of next year.  And a great "other" receiver to 'Vante and MVS.

That's where I'm at.  I'd do it, doubt highly that Gute would, doubt it even more that Elway would do it.

8 hours ago, n8ghee said:

I just read some grumblings about how the Bengals should trade AJ Green rather than wait a year for a Comp pick...

Assuming his ankle is good to go in a couple of weeks, with a good outlook for the rest of the season...would you trade for him?

i think he’d look awfully nice in Green n Gold...

$15.1 M salary.  Let's take away $6M for grinsies due to where we are at in the season.  Still $11M.  Thinking GB has like 9M of space.

It's not a wise use of cap space, especially for a guy who hasn't been active since what, the second week of training camp?  It's been a while for him.

At least Sanders has shown he still has burst, so while I don't like his money either, at least he can run and has been productive.

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

The Bengals have been moving the ball fairly well all night, but just keep shooting themselves in the foot.  Just crazy, especially considering the bevy of talent they have on offense.

I turned it off. The game was putting me to sleep.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I turned it off. The game was putting me to sleep.

It was definitely a snoozer in the second half.  I couldn't help but notice the talent the Bungles have at the WR position though.  They're 0 - 4 at the moment, and I'd take Green or Ross off their roster in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

It was definitely a snoozer in the second half.  I couldn't help but notice the talent the Bungles have at the WR position though.  They're 0 - 4 at the moment, and I'd take Green or Ross off their roster in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure Green's best days arent already behind him.....or, whether the lack of any news about the guy is due to injury and general lousiness of the team. Since I never watch (or pay attention to them....) it would require research I'm not interested in doing.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm not sure Green's best days arent already behind him.....or, whether the lack of any news about the guy is due to injury and general lousiness of the team. Since I never watch (or pay attention to them....) it would require research I'm not interested in doing.

What's the point of forming a hypothetical judgment on a player and then admitting you won't bother to research him? 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah, Green has been injured but is supposed to be coming back very soon.  He has some miles, and some injuries, so who knows.  I suspect Cincy is willing to move some of their personnel, ala the Dolphins, so it'd be worth kicking some tires to see what shakes loose.

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

What's the point of forming a hypothetical judgment on a player and then admitting you won't bother to research him? 

LOL Because I've lost track of his recent production (read: he's not hitting the highlight reels too often anymore) and dont intend to research it. That okay? 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

LOL Because I've lost track of his recent production (read: he's not hitting the highlight reels too often anymore) and dont intend to research it. That okay? 

I suppose if you're casually admitting that your football worldview is through the eyes of SportsCenter, then sure. 

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

I suppose if you're casually admitting that your football worldview is through the eyes of SportsCenter, then sure. 

LOL You're trying too hard. You keep up with Bengals News, post the data and I'll read it here.