NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Absolutely agree - he's outperformed expectations by many I believe - including my own.  I found it somewhat refreshing that he would humbly admit to being nervous about facing Rodgers.  You know he'll have his boys ready for sure come Monday!

I think this is mental warfare from Patricia. He reminds him he's beat him then says he is nervous. He is building him up to try and take him down. I hope AR and MLF read through this kind of crap. BB has always talked up the great ones pregame. Beat this kid down AR and MLF run it down their throats again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I think this is mental warfare from Patricia. He reminds him he's beat him then says he is nervous. He is building him up to try and take him down. I hope AR and MLF read through this kind of crap. BB has always talked up the great ones pregame. Beat this kid down AR and MLF run it down their throats again.

yep, 100 percent

Its what i was trained to do in tennis matches in high school. Tell them "nice shot". Make them think about it. Trick you into lowering your guard.

Bill is the master, and Patricia is doing the same thing.

Baker Mayfield has to learn from this, although i like his cockiness because its not boring

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

The Art of War applied to football.  Actually, the Art of War can be applied to damn near anything where an opponent is involved.  Timeless masterpiece about strategy.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The Art of War applied to football.  Actually, the Art of War can be applied to damn near anything where an opponent is involved.  Timeless masterpiece about strategy.

It is interesting to note that is something BB has done and does it well. He sits there in front of the mic talking up Peyton Manning knowing it will go to his head. I hope AR talks up Patrcicia about how good he is and how he calls the perfect plays to keep him in check and how he wishes he had stayed in NE. Mess with him right back.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

yep, 100 percent

Its what i was trained to do in tennis matches in high school. Tell them "nice shot". Make them think about it. Trick you into lowering your guard.

Bill is the master, and Patricia is doing the same thing.

Baker Mayfield has to learn from this, although i like his cockiness because its not boring

Kill them with kindness right.

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

It is interesting to note that is something BB has done and does it well. He sits there in front of the mic talking up Peyton Manning knowing it will go to his head. I hope AR talks up Patrcicia about how good he is and how he calls the perfect plays to keep him in check and how he wishes he had stayed in NE. Mess with him right back.

That, or just tell him straight up "I'm on to you buddy!"  The only downside to the Art of War is that its precepts are so widely read and known now.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Ahh, the ol’ reverse double psyop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

A Sun Tzu reference................cool. Here are a some of his quotes that may or may not apply to NFL teams (you choose).

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” 
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
"It is more important to out-think your enemy than to outfight him"
“Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

A Sun Tzu reference................cool. Here are a some of his quotes that may or may not apply to NFL teams (you choose).

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” 
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
"It is more important to out-think your enemy than to outfight him"
“Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”

Still one of my favorite books, alongside A Brief History of Time.