NFL News & Notes

Leader

18 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I had a couple early 2000s Madden games.  I had both PS2 and Xbox.  Probably shouldn't have wasted the money on both, but I really wanted to play Fable and Soul Reaver. 

That was the time of Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, Knights of the Old Republic, and Morrowind............now THEY were something..........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's a cool link looking at the rest of the 2019 season
They rank the strength of the remaining opponents for all 32 teams

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

Of our four "easy" games only one of them is likely to be "easy".

And I can tell you as a person who went to high school in the 70's, "easy" is not a static term but transactional and variable dependent. Just saying that probably explains how I blew the layups.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

That was the time of Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, Knights of the Old Republic, and Morrowind............now THEY were something..........

Good times. I put so much time into all of those.. Except Morrowind. I spent more time modding Morrowind then actually playing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I put too many hours into Morrowind.  Since you could steal everything, that is what I did.  I just had a collection of stuff.  Probably why I still love Minecraft, and took probably 6 times longer than most to beat Red Dead and Fallout 4.  I am a hoarder, in video games that allow me to do so.  

I never was a fan of the Star Wars games.  Any of them.  

• Like 1

A vote of confidence or the kiss of death? Owner Christopher Johnson told reporters today that Adam Gase will not be fired now or after season. Called Gase "good man, good coach." Likes dynamic w/Joe Douglas. Told team Wednesday that Gase is safe. Johnson said reaction from players was positive.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@Packerraymond, still think I’m crazy for saying the Rams should have traded Goff? Rams are gonna turn into a dumpster fire in less than 3 years.

I wouldn't have paid Goff either, but yes you are still crazy because you're a guy behind a keyboard, and if you were the Rams GM there's no way in hell you would've traded Goff.

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I wouldn't have paid Goff either, but yes you are still crazy because you're a guy behind a keyboard, and if you were the Rams GM there's no way in hell you would've traded Goff.

The hell I wouldn’t have.  Unless I had been blindfolded and had molten metal poured in my ears during the Super Bowl.  I would have traded him so fast his grandchild’s step son would have whiplash.  

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The hell I wouldn’t have.  Unless I had been blindfolded and had molten metal poured in my ears during the Super Bowl.  I would have traded him so fast his grandchild’s step son would have whiplash.  

The Rams gave up their first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

You would have traded him when?

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And when the team went 5-11 this year and the fan base revolted because you traded their franchise QB, no one would care and you'd be fired and give up millions. The next GM would use your draft picks and get credit for the future success. 

You talk a big game, but you would pay Goff and try to win a SB with him. At least knowing that your job was very secure if you fall short but keep winning.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And when the team went 5-11 this year and the fan base revolted because you traded their franchise QB, no one would care and you'd be fired and give up millions.

indeed
Rams are moving into a new palace and trying to sell PSL's and win over LA fans.
Dumping Goff would be career suicide regardless of whether or not its the best football move