NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I say bring it.  Even with Mack, the Bears are allowing an extra touchdown a game compared to the New England defense. 

The Bears have 7.3 million in effective cap space next year.  Trevathan, Long, Clinton-Dix, Lynch and Kwiatkoski are all free agents.  As are Nick Williams and Robertson-Harris. 

They have two second round picks, three 5th round picks two sixth round picks and a 7th round pick. 

Bobby Massie - Meh, turning 31.
Cody Whitehair - Meh
Cornelius Lucas - Meh
Charles Leno - Bad
Ted Larsen - Bad
James Daniels - Barely average
Kyle Long - Turning 31 and coming off injuries. 

Nick Kwiatkoski is playing much better than Roquan Smith.  He's playing damn near elite football while can't miss Roquan Smith is playing poorly. 

@packfanfb, you want a free agent ILB, it's Kwiatkoski. 

Prince Amukamara will be 31. 

The Bears are closer to falling apart everywhere than coming together with Brady. 

Unless Tom Brady got paid 7 million dollars, which would be the lowest he was paid since his third year as a pro, the Bears would have to cut someone currently on their roster, not be able to re-sign a single free agent of their own and not add anybody.

Bears are already going to have to cut some players with or without adding Brady. 

While I'll agree with anyone saying the Bears are in trouble, the bears can make a few moves to open up space quickly without giving up much

Cut Prince- (old has been)- 8M

Cut Robinson - overpaid - 13M

Patterson/Gabriel - 4/5M

Reup Floyd to a more team friendly deal

If they got like a Bridgewater for 15-20 and only did 1-2 of above, they'd be competitive. Teddy vs Trubisky is like a 3-4 point upgrade.

I think Chicago trades for Cam in the offseason putting him behind a questionable OL. Kwiatkowski seems like the right answer and I liked him coming out of WV, but I'd go after Robertson-Harris if he could be had for the cheap; he's got the size(6-5, 292) and proved that he can collapse the pocket quickly, but stay stout in the run game.

2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I am not a Kap guy, but if Kap took vet minimum, I'd consider him over Boyle

I wouldn't.  3 years out of the league and would have to learn the system.  Hard pass I'd take Boyle over him any day.  Kap can't help us now.  As far as next year I don't want to spend a lot of draft capital on a back up.  Trade for Rosen should be able to get him for next to nothing.

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001076757/article/nfl-11-teams-committed-to-attend-colin-kaepernick-workout

Glad GB is not on the list to attend and hope it stays that way. His BS would not play well in small town USA. It would not be good for the franchise and the majority of the fan base would be pissed off about it. 

Well yes there is also that!  He's done.  Don't think anyone would touch him.  Must have run out of money so trying to get a pay day.

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well yes there is also that!  He's done.  Don't think anyone would touch him.  Must have run out of money so trying to get a pay day.

If he were good enough, he would get a job.  Mike Vick got a second chance, and he committed actual crimes and went to prison.  

36 minutes ago, Scoremore said:
44 minutes ago, Golfman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001076757/article/nfl-11-teams-committed-to-attend-colin-kaepernick-workout

Glad GB is not on the list to attend and hope it stays that way. His BS would not play well in small town USA. It would not be good for the franchise and the majority of the fan base would be pissed off about it. 

lol. 

I wouldn't want Kap because of most people, he would probably screw up the locker room chemistry because all the attention would go to him. But I hope a team like the Chargers or Seattle sign him, somewhere a little more, should I say, progressive?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

lol. 

I wouldn't want Kap because of most people, he would probably screw up the locker room chemistry because all the attention would go to him. But I hope a team like the Chargers or Seattle sign him, somewhere a little more, should I say, progressive?

I don't care if he gets signed, I just don't want him to be a Packer. I think what he did kneeling is offensive but if his employer doesn't have a problem with it, so be it. It turned a lot of fans off to the NFL. I guess they get to decide if that was a good business decision or not. 

19 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I don't care if he gets signed, I just don't want him to be a Packer. I think what he did kneeling is offensive but if his employer doesn't have a problem with it, so be it. It turned a lot of fans off to the NFL. I guess they get to decide if that was a good business decision or not. 

Uhh, I don't think this is accurate at all. It's not like people completely boycotted the NFL and only came back because of the league blacklisting Kaep. Did people disagree with it? Heck yeah they did but they certainly didn't stop watching their team on Sunday all because Kaep was kneeling and if they did I would argue there weren't enough of them to even make this claim.

25 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Kneeling is offensive now. Wow.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Be more triggered you ridiculous snowflake. When did kneeling during something become a symbol of disrespect? He's not out here burning a flag. He's not out here denouncing America. Kneeling was suggested by a veteran as a way to show respect while also standing out from the rest of his peers who are standing. 

He's saying it's bad for cops to shoot unarmed people and it's bad for other cops to lie to protect them. I don't feel like this is a controversial opinion to anybody who doesn't think the behavior of police officers is above both the law and reproach. 

+++

2 years ago Aaron Jones was driving around high off his *** without a driver's license. That's a helluva lot more dangerous than what Kaepernick ever did.

Everybody wanted to draft Joe Mixon despite punching a woman in the face in public on video. 

Tyreke Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach repeatedly until she lost the baby. And then had another instance of domestic violence. And the league didn't even feel the need to punish him. But Kaepernick should be banned from playing?

Kevin King sat for the National Anthem in week 3 a few years ago. Nobody wants him cut.

Aaron Rodgers is all for letting players kneel and sit for the anthem. Are we trying to get rid of him?

+++

Kaepernick is a ******* idiot. He was trying to make a point that cops shooting unarmed black people is a bad thing, and had no idea, like any of us did, that every white person in America who votes red was going to have an anyerusm over this idea. He then tried his best to ride this thing out as best he could. Did he do a great job of it? no, of course not. He's an idiot. 

Then the NFL owners decided they were above federal labor laws and conspired to keep him unemployed. Something they paid 70-something million dollars for out of court. 

There's a twisted irony in noting that in their attempt to silence the black dude's message about the white establishment trying to keep the black man down, they (the white establishment) committed crimes (or at least breach of contract and fraud) in order to keep the black man down. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 3

"Kaepernick is a ******* idiot. He was trying to make a point that cops shooting unarmed black people is a bad thing"

You got the first sentence right.   If Kaep was a really good QB he would have had a job all along.  He stunk his last bit in the NFL and wasn't really all that good at his peak.  That is a big part of why he's not employed.  What any player is doing when they kneel or sit is pissing on the graves of veterans, ALONG with police officers and fire fighters who have given their lives in the honorable act of duty.  Anyone who does this is a disrespectful punk.  And it isn't just black people who have been wronged, whitey has too at times.  It's wrong when ANY person is threatened improperly.  If you think police are racist and bad then continue to live in your delusion.  But it's NOT just about them.  Every veteran since the Revolutionary War who gave their life for this country, for that flag, is being pissed on by the likes of Kaepernick.    He's not only not an NFL QB at this point, he's a vile parasite.

• Like 1

The thing with Kaepernick as a player is the potential for injury.

A QB in the NFL that relies on the read option to be successful needs to have a backup or 2 that can do the same thing so that when he absorbs too much punishment and gets injured they have someone that can step in without having to come up with a new offense.

If you had a line up of Kaepernick, RG3, and another backup then the system would work.  Kaepernick as the starter with a pocket passer as the backup would require too much adjustement to the scheme to work very well.  

It seems to me that It would also be hard to invest the current starter money for a read option QB who is going to get hit hard more often that the typical QB.

It seems to me he would be best backing up the QB position in Baltimore.