NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, FinneasGage said:

as soon as i hit submit i was thinking i'm probably coming off like an annoying ***** that thinks he knows **** i should delete that and then as i went to edit you already quoted it 

If it makes you feel better, as soon as I saw your name pop up in this thread I immediately clicked on it because I knew your opinion was going to be good. 

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Another thing about Kaepernick as a player-

Seems to me he needs a strong running game to be effective.  One could argue that Frank Gore made Kaepernick, as once Gore left the 49ers, Kaepernick didn't have success.  Again makes me wonder if he has the skill set to play from the pocket and be effective as he ages and loses the speed and durability to be a dual threat QB.

Kaepernick is the exact same as Tebow.  When they were not signed, they were probably in the top 64 QBs, and worthy of a roster spot.  But not worth the circus that comes to town with them. They both also needed that strong running game and defense to carry their long lulls in production.  Neither were good if forced to play from the pocket.  I doubt that he is good enough 3 years removed from competition.  

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kaepernick is the exact same as Tebow.  When they were not signed, they were probably in the top 64 QBs, and worthy of a roster spot.  But not worth the circus that comes to town with them. They both also needed that strong running game and defense to carry their long lulls in production.  Neither were good if forced to play from the pocket.  I doubt that he is good enough 3 years removed from competition.  

I take prime Kaep over prime Tebow any day.  Unless I need a fullback to gain 1 yard.  Also from what I remember Kaep never recovered physically form surgery and was nowhere near the same athlete he had been.  Tebow seemed to just keep getting stronger and bigger.

Edited by waterfish_21