NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

I take prime Kaep over prime Tebow any day.  Unless I need a fullback to gain 1 yard.  Also from what I remember Kaep never recovered physically form surgery and was nowhere near the same athlete he had been.  Tebow seemed to just keep getting stronger and bigger.

I am not so sure it wasn't a case of those 49ers teams being better than those Bronco teams. Broncos went over the top because Peyton Manning decided to play there.  The 9ers would probably have fared exactly the same had Manning chose them.

As for the choice, that is the turd sandwich vs giant ****** choice from South Park.

Edited by ThatJerkDave

Just now, hitnhope said:

Where is the discussion regarding Pouncey?    While Garrett is tied up with another OL Pouncing is throwing haymakers.

When Garrett was taken to the ground and on his back, Pouncey is kicking him in the head.

Pouncey should be out for the year along with Garrett, , and have the same stain on his record that garret receives.   Both lost their composure in an unacceptable fashion.

One could argue that at least Garrett was reacting to having his helmet twisting and pulled.  

Rudolph should be missing a game or two for starting the entire mess as well.   He went after the head and facemask to initiate the entire event.

He's an OL and his QB got absolutely disrespected like a QB I don't think ever has in the NFL.

I'm disgusted that only one Pitt OL was trying to kick his ***.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:
2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Where is the discussion regarding Pouncey?    While Garrett is tied up with another OL Pouncing is throwing haymakers.

When Garrett was taken to the ground and on his back, Pouncey is kicking him in the head.

Pouncey should be out for the year along with Garrett, , and have the same stain on his record that garret receives.   Both lost their composure in an unacceptable fashion.

One could argue that at least Garrett was reacting to having his helmet twisting and pulled.  

Rudolph should be missing a game or two for starting the entire mess as well.   He went after the head and facemask to initiate the entire event.

He's an OL and his QB got absolutely disrespected like a QB I don't think ever has in the NFL.

I'm disgusted that only one Pitt OL was trying to kick his ***.

I agree, but Pouncey still went too far. He will undoubtedly get a suspension too. 

Sitting in my armchair I would rather see Rudolph get a fine and not suspended. I don't think what he did warranted a suspension. 

Whatever dude nailed Rudolph in the back should get a fine as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 15412 said:

He certainly didn't need the helmet to defend himself.  Agree with Outpost on this one as it is.  Dumb on Rudolph's part too leading up to it.  Will be interesting to see how the league reacts on this one.

Rudolf should have got the hell out of there ... he already has dealt with a serious concussion this year.  

Just now, JBURGE said:

I agree, but Pouncey still went too far. He will undoubtedly get a suspension too. 

Sitting in my armchair I would rather see Rudolph get a fine and not suspended. I don't think what he did warranted a suspension. 

Whatever dude nailed Rudolph in the back should get a fine as well. 

Oh he'll get and deserve a suspension, it'll be a game or two and that's all it should be. If Rodgers had anything similar, our starting 5 would go ham on that dude. That's how it should be as an OL. That's your QB and if you don't want to go down swinging for him if someone disrespects him, you probably play in a bad offenses.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Oh he'll get and deserve a suspension, it'll be a game or two and that's all it should be. If Rodgers had anything similar, our starting 5 would go ham on that dude. That's how it should be as an OL. That's your QB and if you don't want to go down swinging for him if someone disrespects him, you probably play in a bad offenses.

I agree... To an extent.  You take him to the ground and you disguise that ****.  You don't throw haymakers and kick him.  What the other OL did was considerably better, and I'd imagine he was trying to knee Garrett's groin and give him tyty twisters and all sorts of things in a much less noticeable way. 

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

A just price relative to what?  If he's banned for more than a year, no, that will not be a just price.  Not in a league where Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill are continuing their careers after a year or less.  Peterson, too. 

Swinging a helmet in the heat of a football game at an NFL player - Not equal to - harming a woman/child in the real world. 

IMO, the NFL doesn't really take any of this seriously. Hunt should have been given the Ray Rice treatment. Unfortunately, you don't have a video of Hill only a phone conversation on tape. Both dirt bags IMO. 

If the NFL wants to be taken serious when it comes to this stuff, it would be time to give him a year off. He'll get six and it will be reduced to 4. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree... To an extent.  You take him to the ground and you disguise that ****.  You don't throw haymakers and kick him.  What the other OL did was considerably better, and I'd imagine he was trying to knee Garrett's groin and give him tyty twisters and all sorts of things in a much less noticeable way. 

Agree.  Pouncey and Ogunjobi should both get a game or two suspension and Rudolph should get a fine.  Ogunjobi was probably the most embarassing to me, run twenty yards to hit a QB from behind while his teammate grappled on the ground with two OL. At that time Rudolph was just standing there.

It's hard to anticipate what the NFL will do.  It's all on tape, national audience and there is a need to act decisively.  6 games for Garrett, two games each for Pouncey and Ogunjobi.  A hefty fine for Rudolph.  Don't forget the fine for Randall either.  Cleveland is getting easy to hate.

They take out Juju and cream the other WR who had blood coming out of his ear.  That hit by Randall was really bad.  Heavy fine for him.  Cheap shot and yes Cleveland was head hunting.  The game is at hand 15 seconds left did Garrett really have to take Rudolph to the ground?  He was adding insult to injury there.  Hit was late as well.  Refs probably didn't throw a flag because it was the end of the game.  ESPN is really eating this up.  Hey controversy is great for ratings!  Oh it's just terrible let's get every mile out of it that we can!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

They take out Juju and cream the other WR who had blood coming out of his ear.  That hit by Randall was really bad.  Heavy fine for him.  Cheap shot and yes Cleveland was head hunting.  The game is at hand 15 seconds left did Garrett really have to take Rudolph to the ground?  He was adding insult to injury there.  Hit was late as well.  Refs probably didn't throw a flag because it was the end of the game.  ESPN is really eating this up.  Hey controversy is great for ratings!  Oh it's just terrible let's get every mile out of it that we can!

Flip side is maybe Pittsburgh should have taken a knee with how dirty the game had gotten. It's really irrelevant because you don't use your helmet as a weapon.