NFL News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Curious what 'indefinitely' means? 

For the rest of the season and post season at a minimum.  He will have to kiss butt to play next year.  Since Cleveland sucks and won't make the playoffs it will end up being 6 games.

Edited by Scoremore

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't think Randall's hit was that bad.

Let's try it out on your Cabeza  and then you can verify the veracity of your assertion. :)

Periera said it was an ejectionable offense before they even tossed him.
Its not "that bad" in the old NFL we all grew up with, but in today's game... it was bad.
Also, I'm just baiting AG20 and Norm to come running to the defense of Randall for the 3,987th time.

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

and there it is...

Not too far off. 

I think Pouncey should get exactly what Garrett gets though.   He was every bit as out of line, probably more IMO.

Both conducted actions that are completely unacceptable.   While Garrett's was a little more dangerous, he was provoked.   Pouncey was simply being a punk.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Not too far off. 

I think Pouncey should get exactly what Garrett gets though.   He was every bit as out of line, probably more IMO.

Both conducted actions that are completely unacceptable.   While Garrett's was a little more dangerous, he was provoked.   Pouncey was simply being a punk.

He was defending his quarterback! It is impossible to come to the conclusion he was as out of line if not more. His QB had his helmet torn off and was hit over the head with it. There is no equivalence. 

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't think Randall's hit was that bad.  It was full speed trying to make a play on the ball.  I think ex-Packer prejudice is at play here.  That play happens 3 times a week. 

You're such an apologist for anyone not named Aaron Rodgers.B|

9 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Not too far off. 

Lol you never played football.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

He was defending his quarterback! It is impossible to come to the conclusion he was as out of line if not more. His QB had his helmet torn off and was hit over the head with it. There is no equivalence. 

His QB started the entire thing by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet.  First off the QB shouldn't be starting things if he needs others to protect him.   Beyond that there is protection, and there is being a thug.

Pouncey was absolutely being a thug.   The other OL already had Garrett tied up and was taking him to the ground, he was protecting.   Pouncey wasn't protecting anyone, or anything.  He saw an opening to take free shots and took them.   It was every bit as bad as Garrett.

Just now, hitnhope said:

His QB started the entire thing by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet.  First off the QB shouldn't be starting things if he needs others to protect him.   Beyond that there is protection, and there is being a thug.

Pouncey was absolutely being a thug.   The other OL already had Garrett tied up and was taking him to the ground, he was protecting.   Pouncey wasn't protecting anyone, or anything.  He saw an opening to take free shots and took them.   It was every bit as bad as Garrett.

Garret was using a weapon that if he connected properly could have seriously injured Rudolph who had no protection on his head. 

This is not a close comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol you never played football.

Do you enjoy being wrong?   I played HS, college and a year of semi.     I was an OL on top of it.

There is a difference between protecting and trying to take advantage of the situation to be a punk.

Just now, hitnhope said:

Do you enjoy being wrong?   I played HS, college and a year of semi.     I was an OL on top of it.

There is a difference between protecting and trying to take advantage of the situation to be a punk.

I would want you cut as an OL if I saw you watch a scrum like that. That's not what you do. 

Props to Pouncey and DeCastro, and the guy who went after 65.

• Like 1

Just now, Golfman said:

Garret was using a weapon that if he connected properly could have seriously injured Rudolph who had no protection on his head. 

This is not a close comparison. 

Notice I never said anything against Garrett's punishment.  He absolutely went over any acceptable line.  He deserves some time off.

My problem is that it seems people can only focus on 1 thing at a time.   Garrett largely deserves what he gets.  My problem is that Pouncey seems to be getting a free pass.