NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

"Tactic number six. Change the location of the meeting at the last second. Totally throws them off."

If this really the day you want to be a diva? I"d say anybody on the fence about wanting this guy is no longer interested which means your audience likely was just cut in half or more. I also don't believe all of the teams in attendance have genuine interest either. 

Edited by Golfman

NFL CLAIMS KAEPERNICK DIDN'T SHOW FOR WORKOUT 

It appears this was all one big publicity stunt by Kaepernick and his 'crew'! Which includes Nike who was going to make a commercial out of the workout, most likely at the NFL's expense. The guy is trouble and anybody who signs him is inviting the circus to town. 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/16/colin-kaepernick-moves-workout-after-dispute-with-nfl/

Edited by Golfman

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

NFL CLAIMS KAEPERNICK DIDN'T SHOW FOR WORKOUT 

It appears this was all one big publicity stunt by Kaepernick and his 'crew'! Which includes Nike who was going to make a commercial out of the workout, most likely at the NFL's expense. The guy is trouble and anybody who signs him is inviting the circus to town. 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/16/colin-kaepernick-moves-workout-after-dispute-with-nfl/

The link you posted says his workout is underway. The location move has been covered by other people on this forum from more reliable sources. Along with previous comments, your reliance on TMZ gives the impression that you are more interested in pushing a certain narrative than truth. 

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

The link you posted says his workout is underway. The location move has been covered by other people on this forum from more reliable sources. Along with previous comments, your reliance on TMZ gives the impression that you are more interested in pushing a certain narrative than truth. 

The NFL statement is on the NFL website and is actually the same statement. THAT HE DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR HIS WORKOUT! What he is now participating in is a publicity stunt. 

So exactly what 'agenda' am I pushing? The NFL offered to set up a work out gave him a time and place. He decided he didn't like the conditions and made up some other bull****. Not a way to gain employment. You can stuff the 'agenda' narrative because he's the one with the 'agenda' all along. 

READ THE NFL's STATEMENT! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001077164/article/nfl-releases-statement-on-change-to-colin-kaepernick-workout

• Like 2

I cant speak to what agreement there was between Kaepernick and the league regards media presence - but the 60 mile dog leg to another patch of football field probably wasnt conducive to landing a job in the NFL.

Outside that, I will say that listening to Kaepernick's "presser" (or some sort since I couldnt tell who he was talking to....) sounded entirely all wrong.

He needs to - or needed to - put the "hassle" in the past. Outside of the remnants of his skills, no team is going to be interested in "the hassle" continually being a topic of discussion each and every time he gets in front of a microphone.

Thats supposed to be what the settlement was all about.
The fact that it apparently isnt considered that way by Kaepernick....is a "career cancel" right there IMO.

All this...."I've been ready for 3 years....I've been denied for 3 years.....now I'll wait on Goodell and the other 32 teams.....and we'll let you know what / if they get in touch...." STUFF - are words that shouldn't have crossed his lips if he truly wanted some team to make him an offer.

Could be wrong....but it just sounded all kinds of out of place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I cant speak to what agreement there was between Kaepernick and the league regards media presence - but the 60 mile dog leg to another patch of football field probably wasnt conducive to landing a job in the NFL.

Outside that, I will say that listening to Kaepernick's "presser" (or some sort since I couldnt tell who he was talking to....) sounded entirely all wrong.

He needs to - or needed to - put the "hassle" in the past. Outside of the remnants of his skills, no team is going to be interested in "the hassle" continually being a topic of discussion each and every time he gets in front of a microphone.

Thats supposed to be what the settlement was all about.
The fact that it apparently isnt considered that way by Kaepernick....is a "career cancel" right there IMO.

All this...."I've been ready for 3 years....I've been denied for 3 years.....now I'll wait on Goodell and the other 32 teams.....and we'll let you know what / if they get in touch...." STUFF - are words that shouldn't have crossed his lips if he truly wanted some team to make him an offer.

Could be wrong....but it just sounded all kinds of out of place.

It sounded to me like he's setting this up as round 2 to sue the NFL again! 

The circus around him is going to be just like the Tim Tebow stuff IMO. Not conducive to a winning locker room! Having said that, it would be great if the Bears signed him! 

Just now, Leader said:

Thats not happening. The settlement killed off the matter legally. Thats why they call them settlements and not "Chapter 1 Agreements" :) 

Yeah, that's inaccurate because he's going to claim there is a continuation of collusion. NBC news was reporting that was one of the sticking points to him not signing the waiver. The NFL was trying to 'insulate' themselves from further litigation. Something in the settlement must have stated they would not stand in the way of him getting a chance to play again. 

I'm guessing his agent was pressing the NFL towards that which is why this whole charade was set up to begin with. 

The NFL's whole purpose of holding this workout was to try to trap Kaepernick between "not showing up for a workout" (which would undermine a second lawsuit) and "signing a waiver that would waive his right to sue".  The original settlement was only to resolve the indemnify the NFL from their past collusion to not employ Kaepernick, it does not protect them if they continue to do it.

Kaepernick should have never signed that waiver, or anything other than "a normal injury waiver that players sign before being worked out for NFL teams".  That the NFL gave him a different one was scummy.  Of course, this whole thing, given how rushed it was, is scummy on the part of the NFL.  Jeff Pash should lose his job over this.

But now Kaepernick has the NFL between a rock and a hard place, since there were NFL officials who were willing to fly in from out of state to watch Kaepernick work out on the NFL's terms, but these same people weren't willing to drive a half-hour to see his actual workout.  Probably the NFL's only real out here is to lean on the Eagles or the Lions or somebody to sign him. 

Hell, if the Packers sign Kaepernick I'll buy his jersey.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Denies workout put on by NFL and ready to be attended by 24 teams.

”I’m ready, it’s up to the NFL or one of 32 teams.”

Idiot.

Unless the settlement stipulated the NFL would at some point put on such a "tryout" and media access would be permitted - the apparent sticking / breaking point for the Kaepernick crew. The NFLs on more than solid ground.

They put on the "tryout" - it was Kaepernick that split to some place 60 miles away.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The NFL's whole purpose of holding this workout was to try to trap Kaepernick between "not showing up for a workout" (which would undermine a second lawsuit) and "signing a waiver that would waive his right to sue".  The original settlement was only to resolve the indemnify the NFL from their past collusion to not employ Kaepernick, it does not protect them if they continue to do it.

Kaepernick should have never signed that waiver, or anything other than "a normal injury waiver that players sign before being worked out for NFL teams".  That the NFL gave him a different one was scummy.  Of course, this whole thing, given how rushed it was, is scummy on the part of the NFL.  Jeff Pash should lose his job over this.

But now Kaepernick has the NFL between a rock and a hard place, since there were NFL officials who were willing to fly in from out of state to watch Kaepernick work out on the NFL's terms, but these same people weren't willing to drive a half-hour to see his actual workout.

That is a part of the story. The NFL was notified 1 hour before the workout was scheduled. If was 60 miles away, not 30 minutes from what I heard. Also, they had a crew in place to film it. You also left the part out where Kap was filming a Nike commercial as part of this 'workout'! 

The NFL should have said, if a team wants to work out Kaepernick and sign him go ahead. They should not have had to enable him. You know they are smart enough not to leave a 'collusion' paper trail the second time. 

Also, after being sued once by the guy, I think it is pretty smart to get some legal guarantees before going too far down the road with this guy and this situation. 

Edited by Golfman

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

But now Kaepernick has the NFL between a rock and a hard place, since there were NFL officials who were willing to fly in from out of state to watch Kaepernick work out on the NFL's terms, but these same people weren't willing to drive a half-hour to see his actual workout.  Probably the NFL's only real out here is to lean on the Eagles or the Lions or somebody to sign him.

Apparently, representatives of only 8 teams made it to the 60 miles away spot.

I dont get the injury liability thing anyway. Whats the big deal? How many QBs get injured at these things?

You want a job? Fine. Here's a forum where a large number of NFL teams can come see you.

Nope. Not good enough? Nahhhhhhhh.......At this point I think Kaepernick doth protest too much.

Edited by Leader