NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, HighCalebR said:

What do you think helps him bounce back next year? 

Getting rid of Beckham.  Don't know why people STILL don't realize how negatively these receivers can effect not only a QB, but an entire team.  The Steelers are probably the premier overachieving team in the NFL this season with some nobody undrafted QB and they're a team no good team wants to play in the playoffs because of how good a team they are. 

The Steelers might have 3 wins right now if Brown was still on their team. 

Every single day there's a new complaint from Beckham. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Getting rid of Beckham.  Don't know why people STILL don't realize how negatively these receivers can effect not only a QB, but an entire team.  The Steelers are probably the premier overachieving team in the NFL this season with some nobody undrafted QB and they're a team no good team wants to play in the playoffs because of how good a team they are. 

The Steelers might have 3 wins right now if Brown was still on their team. 

Every single day there's a new complaint from Beckham. 

Beckman isn’t the issue there. I think he is an easy target to point to.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He is the issue there.  He cost a first round pick and chemistry. 

A first rounder isn’t getting them wins. And the issue is they listened to a boy qb about who should be HC and he lacks the leadership and understanding of calling an offense when you have multiple weapons. 

Its the HC and honestly the GM for constructing such a mixture of inexperience and immature at every level.

Edited by Green19

41 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

What do you think helps him bounce back next year? 

A much better offensive line.

There was a great graphic the other day that I can't find showing the team's pass protection win percentage, and it was literally a who's who of who's overachieving and who's underachieving. 

Justin McCray, who we cut because he wasn't among our 6 best interior lineman started for the Browns at LT against the Patriots this year. That's what we're dealing with here.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Just now, Green19 said:

A first rounder isn’t getting them wins.

They'd be better if they just forfeited their first round pick and didn't get Beckham. 

He's as close to a literal cancer as you can get as a human being. 

The Giants without Beckham never finished below 7 wins. 

11-5
8-8
10-6 (Super Bowl win)
12-4
8-8
10-6
9-7 (Super Bowl win)
9-7
7-9

After they got Beckham:

6-10
6-10
11-5 (scored 13 points against OUR defense in the Wild Card loss)
3-13
5-11

Beckham is a loser who cares more about himself than he cares about winning.  That **** carries over and destroys any chance of team chemistry. 

I'd rather have Jeff Janis, MVS, Bill Schroeder, Robert Ferguson and Trevor Davis as my top 5 than Beckham and 4 average receivers. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

They'd be better if they just forfeited their first round pick and didn't get Beckham. 

11-5
8-8
10-6 (Super Bowl win)
12-4
8-8
10-6
9-7 (Super Bowl win)
9-7
7-9

After they got Beckham:

6-10
6-10
3-13
5-11

Beckham is a loser who cares more about himself than he cares about winning.  That **** carries over and destroys any chance of team chemistry. 

I'd rather have Jeff Janis, MVS, Bill Schroeder, Robert Ferguson and Trevor Davis as my top 5 than Beckham and 4 average receivers. 

Yeah, I mean the Giants have looked so much better since he left?

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

11-5
8-8
10-6 (Super Bowl win)
12-4
8-8
10-6
9-7 (Super Bowl win)
9-7
7-9

After they got Beckham:

6-10
6-10
3-13
5-11

Haha so we are ignoring the context of all those giants  teams and how they were constructed? Cool

Youre right based on simple record and odell being in the building it was clearly his fault.

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

11-5
8-8
10-6 (Super Bowl win)
12-4
8-8
10-6
9-7 (Super Bowl win)
9-7
7-9

After they got Beckham:

6-10
6-10
3-13
5-11

A WR who cares most about himself!? Gasp! Because there's never been any of those on a successful team before.

OBJ getting to NY also coincides with their front 7 and OL getting old and leaving and Eli deteriorating. A correlation solely between him arriving and them losing is something only a man with a hatred for WRs could make.

• Like 2

Do none of you remember the season Beckham assaulted a kicker net?  Yeah, the Giants lost a lot of talent over the years, but he was also a part of some talented teams that went nowhere with New York.  He also punched a hole in the visiting team's locker. 

2015 they were a damn good team with some damn bad luck.  Lost their first two games by a combined 5 points, lost to the Saints by 3, lost to the Patriots by 1 and 4 more games by 6 points or less.  In spite of that, they fired Coughlin and replaced him with McAdoo, who we all know was terrible.  They still won 11 games. 

There was a LOT of talent on those 2015 and 2016 Giants teams, and they played like it in spite of McAdoo.  Without the focus on Beckham and his BS, they probably could have won it all in 2015. 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do none of you remember the season Beckham assaulted a kicker net?  Yeah, the Giants lost a lot of talent over the years, but he was also a part of some talented teams that went nowhere with New York.  He also punched a hole in the visiting team's locker. 

2015 they were a damn good team with some damn bad luck.  Lost their first two games by a combined 5 points, lost to the Saints by 3, lost to the Patriots by 1 and 4 more games by 6 points or less.  In spite of that, they fired Coughlin and replaced him with McAdoo, who we all know was terrible.  They still won 11 games. 

There was a LOT of talent on those 2015 and 2016 Giants teams, and they played like it in spite of McAdoo.  Without the focus on Beckham and his BS, they probably could have won it all in 2015. 

Lol, yeah they saw him kick a net and decided to play worse.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s cool... you clearly feel odell is a special human that he can have THAT type of impact on a ton of adults.

I just don’t think diva WRs are the cancers everyone claims. They are easy scape goats because they are easily noticed. Teams fail because of bad foundations... not nice flashy luxury pieces. Giants where historically avg because they had the most amazing avg QB in the history of the nfl, Eli. When they had special on the defense they won when they didn’t... they didn’t.

But kudos you’re clearly a big fan of Odell being someone that matters as a leader.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A much better offensive line.

There was a great graphic the other day that I can't find showing the team's pass protection win percentage, and it was literally a who's who of who's overachieving and who's underachieving. 

Justin McCray, who we cut because he wasn't among our 6 best interior lineman started for the Browns at LT against the Patriots this year. That's what we're dealing with here.

They're pretty firmly center of the pack in the average of sacks, pressures and PR win rate according to PFT though. 

I'm not saying they're good but how do they get to the much better OL? They dont really have anybody waiting in the wings and they need 2 tackles.

Will Kitchens still be there? I see that as just as big an issue as the OL. He doesn't like to help the Tackles, like Mac. I think throwing most rookies into that situation is going to be real tough for them next year.

Maybe 0 expectations help them get out of their own way and he makes a nice recovery. Bakers had like 3 nice games this year and his decision making has been bad though.