NFL News & Notes

Leader

Brian McLaughlin -  So every NFL front office member I’ve spoken to in the past few days thinks that free agency is going to be delayed. Sure would be nice to have some clarity with the legal tampering period opening tomorrow.

• Aaron Nagler -  I’d expect an announcement pushing it back later today. Had to see what happened with the CBA first.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Brian McLaughlin -  So every NFL front office member I’ve spoken to in the past few days thinks that free agency is going to be delayed. Sure would be nice to have some clarity with the legal tampering period opening tomorrow.

• Aaron Nagler -  I’d expect an announcement pushing it back later today. Had to see what happened with the CBA first.

Would be extremely stupid on their part, but such is the paranoia we're in now.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Let's push back the ban on talking to players that nobody follows anyway. Makes sense lol

Guess cellphone conversations and emails are hazardous too now. It's getting ridiculous.

If you want to push back the league year so that guys don't have to fly in for physicals....ok I guess. Pushing back the tampering period is straight up moronic. Give me a break.

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It's optics .. they don't want the talk of multi-million dollar contracts dancing around out there as the public feels the pain of a national emergency.    

No, I guarantee you that's exactly what they want, it's also what the public wants. The only relevant sports discussions in the world being the NFL, and all of us actually get something to talk about rather than this horrible stretch where all we have to do is interact with our loved ones, gross.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No, I guarantee you that's exactly what they want, it's also what the public wants. The only relevant sports discussions in the world being the NFL, and all of us actually get something to talk about rather than this horrible stretch where all we have to do is interact with our loved ones, gross.

It's possible your life may hinge just a little too much on the NFL ;)  I'm with you though ... push back the official start a few weeks or whatever, but lets get on with the contract agreements.

• Like 1

Adam Schefter -  Titans and Ryan Tannehill are now on the verge of a new multi-year extension that would prevent Tennessee from using its franchise tag on the quarterback and keep him as the team’s starter moving forward.

/////

Sorry Tom. Doesnt appear there's gonna be any room at the Inn.