NFL News & Notes

Leader

49 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

2 TD's.  He was a top 10 paid TE in 2018.

In 2019 he was the top paid TE and  netted 3 TD's. Rodgers tried getting him TD's in 2018, but he couldn't get any separation or win contested catches.   Blaming Rodgers for Grahams failure is silly.   Graham's performance has dropped a lot more than Rodgers has.

He had 9 redzone targets in 2018. One of the lowest rates in the league. Rodgers definitely did not prioritize getting Graham redzone targets. That entire narrative is the result of some preseason wet dream that fans had about Rodgers throwing jump balls to Graham. It isn't based in reality. 

Washington 15, 3rd and 10 +++ 13 yard completion

San Francisco 20, 2nd and 10 +++ 4 yard completion

St. Louis 1, 1st and 1 +++ incomplete

Busted play action play. Marcus Peters committed PI and didn't flagged.

New England 2, 2nd and 2 +++ incomplete

Back shoulder fade that Graham could only get one hand up for 

New England 15, 2nd and 15 +++ Touchdown

Detroit 4, 2nd and 4 +++ incomplete

Back shoulder fade that Graham extended fully for and never even touched.

Chicago 9, 2nd and 9 +++ deflected and intercepted.

Awful throw and decision. Graham was covered and the throw was behind him 

Buffalo 3, 3rd and 3 +++ Touchdown

Buffalo 18, 2nd and 8 +++ incomplete. 

Graham dropped it on a slant route, didn't catch it clean and lost it as he was getting hit by a LB. 

Of the 9 targets, he had 2 Touchdowns, 1 First down, and one short gain. 4 incompletions. 1 Interception. 

I'm halfway tempted to look up the incompletions to see if they were catchable or not.

One drop, two really tough back shoulder fades, a missed PI penalty, and a bad decision and throw. 

I don't see how you can blame Graham for not catching back shoulder fades that are intentionally put in such a place that they would require a miraculous catch. Part of throwing a goal line fade is trusting your target to come down with the ball over the defender. That isn't going to happen if you throw it over the top of the pylon, two yards behind your target because you're worried about a defender potentially getting a hand on it. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He had 9 redzone targets in 2018. One of the lowest rates in the league. Rodgers definitely did not prioritize getting Graham redzone targets. That entire narrative is the result of some preseason wet dream that fans had about Rodgers throwing jump balls to Graham. It isn't based in reality. 

Washington 15, 3rd and 10 +++ 13 yard completion

San Francisco 20, 2nd and 10 +++ 4 yard completion

St. Louis 1, 1st and 1 +++ incomplete

New England 2, 2nd and 2 +++ incomplete

New England 15, 2nd and 15 +++ Touchdown

Detroit 4, 2nd and 4 +++ incomplete

Chicago 9, 2nd and 9 +++ deflected and intercepted.

Buffalo 3, 3rd and 3 +++ Touchdown

Buffalo 18, 2nd and 8 +++ incomplete. 

Of the 9 targets, he had 2 Touchdowns, 1 First down, and one short gain. 4 incompletions. 1 Interception. 

I'm halfway tempted to look up the incompletions to see if they were catchable or not.

Top paid TE who had no legs left.  But still its Rodgers fault.   Whatever suits your argument though.  A great example of figures lie, and liars figure.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Not at all.   He didn't get open and failed when they tried.   You ready to stop blaming Rodgers for Graham's failings?

So to summarize, "**** your facts. I came up with a conclusion that fits what I want to believe, and your attempts to present evidence and a counterpoint are going to be completely ignored because to consider them would force me into the uncomfortable position of examining my closely held belief system and I am too much of a child to do so."

Did i get that right? 

😐

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Still some warm bodies I think?

Screw it, give Clowney a bunch of money to play the 5T, play Z at 3T full time and see what weird **** you can come up with using a Gary/Clark/Z/Clowney/Preston front. 

tenor.gif

I'm down, we would be straight up unblockable.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Very happy to see Stefon Diggs out of the North.

I think this move helps the Vikings. 

Dude was a major pain in the butt for us though.  He had a touchdown in every single game he played against the Packers except for his rookie year. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think this move helps the Vikings. 

Dude was a major pain in the butt for us though.  He had a touchdown in every single game he played against the Packers except for his rookie year. 

They have to draft well, so far Hughes and Bradbury don't move the needle. Diggs moved it a lot.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They have to draft well, so far Hughes and Bradbury don't move the needle. Diggs moved it a lot.

Vikings get a 1st, 5th, and 6th round pick from the Bills in the 2020 draft for Diggs.  Vikings now have more draft capital to either make hay or bust.  We’ll see.