NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So to summarize, "**** your facts. I came up with a conclusion that fits what I want to believe, and your attempts to present evidence and a counterpoint are going to be completely ignored because to consider them would force me into the uncomfortable position of examining my closely held belief system and I am too much of a child to do so."

Did i get that right? 

Your list of plays was no more germane to the conversation than my wife's grocery list.    It has nothing to do with Graham's ability to get open.  He wasn't targeted because he couldn't get open.   He was a detriment to the red zone offense because he couldn't/wouldn't block along with an inability to get open or win contested catches.

You throw out a list of plays, but have to know that it really has little to do with telling the story.    As I said earlier,  a case of figures lying.

As far as the rest of your post,  it really is pretty childish.   I think you must need to resort to that because you realize your "facts" weren't pertinent, and you don't want to admit that Graham simply wasn't the player he used to be.   It doesn't fit your agenda,   even during a discussion about a similarly over priced player with diminishing skills.  You really can be a pretty humorous person, even though it isn't your intention.

We’ll just have to wait and see how the Diggs trade works out for minnesota. He really was a royal pain in the butt for the Packers, so I’m glad he’s gone. But they wind up with 12 picks in this year’s draft, including an extra 1st rounder. Then there’s a bonus 4th next year...Stay tuned.

As for as Jimmy Graham, I’d say chicago paid top dollar for a player who is in decline. Who’s going to be throwing to him? Tribusky, Bridgewater, Foles, Dalton? It’s hard for me to imagine he’ll fare as well, or better with __?????____ than with Aaron Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

As for as Jimmy Graham, I’d say chicago paid top dollar for a player who is in decline. Who’s going to be throwing to him? Tribusky, Bridgewater, Foles, Dalton? It’s hard for me to imagine he’ll fare as well, or better with __?????____ than with Aaron Rodgers.

Even if Jimmy gets some QB to throw him 50/50 balls all day I'm not sure he has the athletic skill to come down with many.  He showed very little athletic prowess during his time in GB. I'd be surprised if he suddenly found the fountain of youth. 

4 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Looks like Vikes are practically rebuilding now. Losing Diggs, Joseph, and possibly Griffen. And basically all their CB's contracts are up. plus Bailey's. 

Its a reload, not rebuild. Diggs wasn't happy being #2 and Rhodes/Joseph were making too much for what they produced. Griffen should come back. We managed to tag Anthony Harris.

We'll still be competitive. I just don't want a receiver in round 1.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Texans have agreed to terms with WR Randall Cobb on a 3-year $27M deal with $18.75 guaranteed.

Figured he’d stay with MM in DAL but $18.75m guaranteed is about the only persuasive reason to go to the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. 

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its a reload, not rebuild. Diggs wasn't happy being #2 and Rhodes/Joseph were making too much for what they produced. Griffen should come back. We managed to tag Anthony Harris. We'll still be competitive. I just don't want a receiver in round 1.

Oh....I sense panic :)
(Thats a joke btw)

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We're good enough for the 7th seed so whatever haha

The ******* 7th seed. What a joke.

So far the only semi surprising thing is Diggs, and that can be mitigated a bit if irv comes along. Still got hunter, the Lbs, and the safeties. Definitely in the running.

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The ******* 7th seed. What a joke.

So far the only semi surprising thing is Diggs, and that can be mitigated a bit if irv comes along. Still got hunter, the Lbs, and the safeties. Definitely in the running.

Oh of course its a joke but so is the NFLPA.

Minnesota will be competitive. It just stinks though cause Diggs owned Green Bay like Moss used too haha

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Figured he’d stay with MM in DAL but $18.75m guaranteed is about the only persuasive reason to go to the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. 

wayyy more than I thought he would get, but good for him. besides playing for BOB ofc.