NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, VonKarman said:

I wouldn't spend money in WR when we have Clark's & Bakh's contracts coming up.

yep, this. Our FA list after this season is BRUTAL

Bakhtiari, Clark, Aaron Jones, Kevin King (w/ 5th yr option), Linsley, Taylor, Funchess (hoping he balls out), Sullivan (ERFA), Lazard (RFA), Jamal Williams, Lewis, Lancaster (RFA)

that's a lot of snaps if this season happens!

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Bakhtiari, Clark, Aaron Jones, Kevin King (w/ 5th yr option), Linsley, Taylor, Funchess (hoping he balls out), Sullivan (ERFA), Lazard (RFA), Jamal Williams, Lewis, Lancaster (RFA)

King doesn’t have a 5th year option, he was the first pick in the second round. 

52 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Clark and Bakh should be done in season. Linsley is a goner, so is Jamal with Dillon on the team.

Biggest two "up in the air" guys are Jones and King, with Funchess being a wildcard.

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Becomes less brutal if the plan is to cut ties with 22m on the books in 2022 and 17 more in 2023. All you have to do is fit the year 1 hits in there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Raiders traded Khalil Mack and Cole Kmet for a box safety, the 3rd best CB on his college team and an injured WR.

Yikes. Bears won this easily.

You forgot 20 million in cap space.

The Bears did not win that trade.  Neither team was going to compete for a Super Bowl during Mack’s prime, so the team that won was the team that got the draft capital and the cap space to build a winning team.

That said, yeah... I am beyond disappointed in how the Raiders decided to build their team.  It’s legitimately depressing to me.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Both teams can lose.

Bears didn't win anything from that trade ha.

I would imagine the win share from the trade would heavily favor the Bears. That said when you hitch your wagon to Trubs, there's no trade, FA or draft pick who's going to take you all the way in spite of his play.

It's funny to me that the Bears are going to blow the prime of a generational pass rusher perhaps never even winning a playoff game, goes to show you the picks are a crapshoot though. The Redskins got Champ Bailey and Lavar Arrington from the Ricky Williams trade and the Saints still had a better record then them 5 years post trade.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You forgot 20 million in cap space.

The Bears did not win that trade.  Neither team was going to compete for a Super Bowl during Mack’s prime, so the team that won was the team that got the draft capital and the cap space to build a winning team.

That said, yeah... I am beyond disappointed in how the Raiders decided to build their team.  It’s legitimately depressing to me.

I can respect Incog's point that you can declare both losers since neither team has accomplished their goals post trade.

However on the very broad basis of grading a trade, as in who added more talent, the Bears clearly are going to come out ahead.

How differently would we be talking about that trade though if we were the ones who got Mack and the Bears got Z. Smith cheaper and without losing two first round picks?

We dodged a bullet.  We really did.  Z. Smith, Preston Smith, Adrian Amos, Rashan Gary and Darnell Savage is what we got for NOT trading for Mack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

However on the very broad basis of grading a trade, as in who added more talent, the Bears clearly are going to come out ahead.

Sure.  But then account for cap space and who the Raiders have been able to keep and add versus who the Bears haven’t been able to keep and haven’t been able to add.  Bears won the trade in a cap free league.  They got utterly humiliated in a capped league.