NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, St Vince said:

I've come around to believe if we get this version of Funchess we will be ok not drafting a WR or trading for ju ju. He really made Cam look like a decent QB at one time. Mute and enjoy the highlights!

Mute? You don’t like art? 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2907b28ef19df0da4cbf

Edited by YaddaHolla
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, St Vince said:

I've come around to believe if we get this version of Funchess we will be ok not drafting a WR or trading for ju ju. He really made Cam look like a decent QB at one time. Mute and enjoy the highlights!

Honestly the only thing I'm worried about with Funchess is that he is a contested ball receiver.  That is not what Aaron wants, and I really don't know if Aaron and him are going to do well together.  Aaron doesn't throw those 50/50 balls.  He just doesn't.  Aaron's idea of a 50/50 ball is throwing 50 yards over a receiver's head with a chance the receiver grows 50 feet.  

• Like 2

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Honestly the only thing I'm worried about with Funchess is that he is a contested ball receiver.  That is not what Aaron wants, and I really don't know if Aaron and him are going to do well together.  Aaron doesn't throw those 50/50 balls.  He just doesn't.  Aaron's idea of a 50/50 ball is throwing 50 yards over a receiver's head with a chance the receiver grows 50 feet.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2936d959c499381708f7

the man can’t even chug a 16oz Milwaukee’s Best. Next!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron doesn't throw those 50/50 balls.  He just doesn't.

This really isn't true. He doesn't throw them to receivers he doesn't trust to make the play, sure. He threw 50/50 balls all the time to James Jones because he trusted Jones to make the catch. He literally throws to Davante even if he's not open. I do recall him hitting Lazard with 50/50 balls a few times last year too. 

It is what it is but he'll throw them if you're capable of winning the battle more often than not. How many WRs do we have, right now, that you'd trust to routinely win those battles? 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Seems to me that MLF wants to build the offense around the running game.  That being the case, having one high priced WR along with 4-5 reasonable/bargain contracts is probably the new normal at WR in GB.  I don't think the team views upgrading at WR as nearly as big of priority as most fans/media do.  At this point I'd be much less surprised to see the team give Jones a 2nd contract next off-season vs signing a FA WR to a 10M+ multi year deal.  In reality, I don't expect either.  I think a day 2 pick at WR in 2021 is the ceiling of what to expect.

Not necessarily. The Packers seemingly were willing to pay Sanders $8-9m per year and he simply chose NO over us. I think the Packers would still jump at adding the right guy to the position, but FA was pretty slim pickings and the draft wasn't deep on difference-makers after the first 45 picks. 

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not necessarily. The Packers seemingly were willing to pay Sanders $8-9m per year and he simply chose NO over us. I think the Packers would still jump at adding the right guy to the position, but FA was pretty slim pickings and the draft wasn't deep on difference-makers after the first 45 picks. 

Packers will get way more value out of Funchess.  I bet Funch and Sanders will have similar stats/impacts.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

This really isn't true. He doesn't throw them to receivers he doesn't trust to make the play, sure. He threw 50/50 balls all the time to James Jones because he trusted Jones to make the catch. He literally throws to Davante even if he's not open. I do recall him hitting Lazard with 50/50 balls a few times last year too. 

It is what it is but he'll throw them if you're capable of winning the battle more often than not. How many WRs do we have, right now, that you'd trust to routinely win those battles?

Zoe might highpoint a 20 yd out were the WR can fully extend and drag 2 toes in,  if he catches completely cleanly..... That’s not. 50/50 ball, that’s a 5%/1% ball.

19 hours ago, St Vince said:

At the risk of having Dave Chappelle show up suddenly and drop me off in Deanwood with a Metro ticket, I like rap a lot more than most white 61 year old guys. I enjoyed the Funch highlights, but, it pains me to say that even before I saw other comments I was wondering if  12 throws to those windows.

I really hope Aaron has another Aaron year in him just make me shut my ****ing mouth. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, St Vince said:

I brought him up recently. I get it isn't a huge splash signing, but the guy was a solid NFL player. We got him cheap and when you watch that video. It's like his eyes and hands are one. I think it is a real good signing. It is clear by our draft the offense is evolving more to what MLF wants and away from that hybrid offense we saw last season. I like bunches of funchess as our no.2 and then see what happens with MVS and St.B. I don't think our receiving core is as bad as some people make it. That being said, we need to see the evolution of this offense and see how WR heavy it is. This isn't Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, but it isn't supposed to be anymore. Expectations need to adjust just as time does. 

6 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I brought him up recently. I get it isn't a huge splash signing, but the guy was a solid NFL player. We got him cheap and when you watch that video. It's like his eyes and hands are one. I think it is a real good signing. It is clear by our draft the offense is evolving more to what MLF wants and away from that hybrid offense we saw last season. I like bunches of funchess as our no.2 and then see what happens with MVS and St.B. I don't think our receiving core is as bad as some people make it. That being said, we need to see the evolution of this offense and see how WR heavy it is. This isn't Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, but it isn't supposed to be anymore. Expectations need to adjust just as time does. 

Exactly. We already have a number 1. It’s our secondary options that are the issue. If Devin Funchess plays like he’s proven he can play, he’s a more than fine second option. He’s also going to only be 26 at the end of the month. He’s played a lot of football ( despite missing a season) and has years of success doing so. It’s quite possible that his best is still to come. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Exactly. We already have a number 1. It’s our secondary options that are the issue. If Devin Funchess plays like he’s proven he can play, he’s a more than fine second option. He’s also going to only be 26 at the end of the month. He’s played a lot of football ( despite missing a season) and has years of success doing so. It’s quite possible that his best is still to come. 

My only concern is that if he blows up, we only get one year out of him. I guess that a good problem to have

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

My only concern is that if he blows up, we only get one year out of him. I guess that a good problem to have

For sure a good problem to have. We’d also know for sure what we have have in MVS, EQ and Lazard. There would be no more let’s see how they develop, it’s do or don’t this season.