NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You give a vet QB like that input in the gameplan. Now we don't know if Brady was asking for complete control or what, but we heard in Denver McDaniels was a control freak. If he was not allowing Tom input on the gameplan, that doesn't bode well for him ever being a HC. 

Not saying McDaniels would have been good here.  He would have killed Rodgers. They would not have meshed AT ALL.  Just find it funny Brady is trying so hard to get away from the people that made him a legend.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Not saying McDaniels would have been good here.  He would have killed Rodgers. They would not have meshed AT ALL.  Just find it funny Brady is trying so hard to get away from the people that made him a legend.

They've had that same quick strike offense with the heavily utilized pass catching back since Weiss. Not sure how much credit McDaniels truly deserves.

Will be interesting to see what Arians does, cause that borderline air-raid scheme he uses is not a fit for Brady. 

Apparently there's trade rumors around Myles Garrett today. Jackson, Lane AND a 3rd get it done?

Whats it really take to get Myles, youd have to think a 1st at least, right? Allegedly some people think the comp is KJ a 2nd and a 7th for Garrett and a 6th. I refuse to believe thats anywhere close to compensation.

Its a slow day in May. Im bored.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Apparently there's trade rumors around Myles Garrett today. Jackson, Lane AND a 3rd get it done?

Whats it really take to get Myles, youd have to think a 1st at least, right? Allegedly some people think the comp is KJ a 2nd and a 7th for Garrett and a 6th. I refuse to believe thats anywhere close to compensation.

I can see him ripping Cousin’s helmet off and hitting him with it.  Actually, cuz it’s Cousins, his head might come off with the helmet.  Could be a problem.

Edited by Sasquatch

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I can see him ripping off Cousin’s helmet and hitting him with it.  Actually, cuz it’s Cousins, his head might come off with the helmet.  Could be a problem.

We'll look back at it like tyson biting off holyfields ear. Like yeeeesh. He was real good tho.

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

When I found out I spent heartbeats and breaths of my life that I can never get back Google searching a rumor, and traced it back to a Reddit user named "everyonelovesnudez"

Ron Swanson Computer GIF

I'm going off the grid. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

We'll look back at it like tyson biting off holyfields ear. Like yeeeesh. He was real good tho.

Yep.  Joking aside, I suspect Garret has probably learned a significant lesson from that incident, but for the gross amount of capital it’d take to get him, I’d prolly pass.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

They've had that same quick strike offense with the heavily utilized pass catching back since Weiss. Not sure how much credit McDaniels truly deserves.

Will be interesting to see what Arians does, cause that borderline air-raid scheme he uses is not a fit for Brady. 

I very much suspect we'll be seeing some version of NE South.

Brady's survived this long because he was in a quick-strike offense. I suspect he was one of the league leaders in quickest time or release. NE wasnt into chucking it deep - not with the frequency that TPA was thats for certain.

I've not looked at TPAs draft, but I think their #1 was an OT (?) and suspect they manned up some more along the OL. TPAs got a rich history of running talented QBs into the ground because of their lousy OLs. Ten years ago Brady could have survived the normal TPA OL. Not anymore. 

So - I dont expect there will be much change to TBs game at all. He's gonna have a wealth of TEs again - which NEs been lacking for awhile now - and somebody will be designated to run all those short crossers and quick outs that TB loves so much.....and which keeps him alive....cause a statue would be better suited to avoiding the rush.

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

When I found out I spent heartbeats and breaths of my life that I can never get back Google searching a rumor, and traced it back to a Reddit user named "everyonelovesnudez"

Ron Swanson Computer GIF

I'm going off the grid. 

APPARENTLY HE'S THEIR MOST RELIABLE SOURCE! 

I guess he predicted Collier and the britt cut and their draft picks this year. Got on a local radio show and allegedly has connections.

Also I'm very skeptical.

Edited by HighCalebR

17 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Jamal Adams on trading Block.

Gute, please do this.

We're pretty set as S are we not? I guess he's a decent sack guy with what 10-11 over the last 2 years not a pick machine what would be the point of him on this D to play ILB?

15 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

We're pretty set as S are we not? I guess he's a decent sack guy with what 10-11 over the last 2 years not a pick machine what would be the point of him on this D to play ILB?

Play him Free Safety and Make Darnell Savage to play Nickel 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Ron Swanson Computer GIF

I'm going off the grid. 

UPDATE:

Everyonelovesnudez was a Packers fan who actually does know a player who plays for Seattle. He broke some smaller stories to gain the fanbases trust in order to play out a long con as revenge for the failmary with a fake Myles Garrett trade. Apparently he was all over Seattle media and even on their radio stations today.

Whoever he is, this was a legendary move and I am back on the grid because of it.

• Like 1