NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

UPDATE:

Everyonelovesnudez was a Packers fan who actually does know a player who plays for Seattle. He broke some smaller stories to gain the fanbases trust in order to play out a long con as revenge for the failmary with a fake Myles Garrett trade. Apparently he was all over Seattle media and even on their radio stations today.

Whoever he is, this was a legendary move and I am back on the grid because of it.

Hold up.  You said this person, Everyonelovesnudez, “was” a Packer fan, as in, he’s no longer a Packer fan?

Also, his goal is to fook with Seattle fans and their local media?

If real, I’m sure he’s not being interviewed as Everyonelovesnudez.  How’d you find this guy, and how do know the above information is true?

I’m not calling you out - this is actually a somewhat interesting story.

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Hold up.  You said this person, Everyonelovesnudez, “was” a Packer fan, as in, he’s no longer a Packer fan?

Also, his goal is to fook with Seattle fans and their local media?

If real, I’m sure he’s not being interviewed as Everyonelovesnudez.  How’d you find this guy, and how do know the above information is true?

I’m not calling you out - this is actually a somewhat interesting story.

Just go to the Seahawks Reddit.

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just go to the Seahawks Reddit.

What a sh1t show.  Talk about wasted heartbeats and breaths.  This guy proceeded to out himself after pulling off a fairly impressive “bamboozle” as he called it, which enflamed the Reddit board and much of the city of Seattle apparently.  This ruse lead to hundreds of pi$$ed off posts, including a rash of Fail Mary clips - a sad attempt to rub it into Packers fans faces.

Not sure if this link will work, but here’s his post in all of “his” glory:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

What a sh1t show.  Talk about wasted heartbeats and breaths.  This guy proceeded to out himself after pulling off a fairly impressive “bamboozle” as he called it, which enflamed the Reddit board and much of the city of Seattle apparently.  This ruse lead to hundreds of pi$$ed off posts, including a rash of Fail Mary clips - a sad attempt to rub it into Packers fans faces.

I never use the word epic to describe anything because it's so horrifically overused, but that was legitimately ******* epic.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i dont get it

Here's the cursory cliff notes summary: a GB fan was so outraged by the Fail Mary play seven years ago that he embedded himself on Reddit as a loyal Seahawks fan to plot his revenge.  He actually knew a Seattle player, which not only gave him some board cred on Reddit, but also a modicum of useful intel to feed the redditors to amplify said cred.

Over time, his reputation grew with reddit forum readers and so this week there was a rumor that Seattle was looking to make a huge move.  This guy seized the opportunity to "bamboozle" his sheep and planted the idea that Seattle and Cleveland had reportedly come to terms on a trade that would send Myles Garrett to Seatown.  This blew up on social media all around the country, and this dude was even a guest on a Seattle radio station.  It was even tweeted out as a done deal by some high profile talking heads.

After several hours of watching this play out, he revealed his hoax with the tweet I posted a few posts up.  It literally blew up the Seahawks sub-reddit and discredited several talking heads who ran with the story.  He's being hailed by some and assailed by many.

This story is proof that Alex Green and Outpost really are Viking fans just here to **** with people! (green font) ;-)

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Disagree completely on it being McDaniels to blame.

Josh McDaniels is that offense.  There's literally a story out there about how the only single drive the Patriots scored a TD in that second Rams Super Bowl was because of him coming up with plays out of the blue.  They had never practiced the plays before.  Ever.  He just came up with a set and the Rams had no answer for it the entire drive. 

That wasn't Brady.  The Rams completely and totally shut Brady down.

It was McDaniels 100%. 

Brady is a pawn whose best attribute is his willingness to do what it takes and putting himself second.  Now he's putting himself first finally and it won't end well. 

I mean possibly, but I think I’d wait to see how McDaniels does without Brady first because the only other sample, his time in Denver, didn’t Go too well.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I mean possibly, but I think I’d wait to see how McDaniels does without Brady first because the only other sample, his time in Denver, didn’t Go too well.

Kyle Orton had 3,800 passing yards, 7 yards per attempt, 21 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in his only year with McDaniels.  Kyle Orton.  Last name Orton, first name Kyle.

The Broncos started 6-0. 

They won every single game that the defense held the offense under 20 points.

Their losses in Josh's only full year in Denver:

30 points given up to Ravens.
28 to Steelers
27 to Redskins
32 to Chargers
28 to Colts
20 to Raiders
30 to Eagles
44 to Chiefs

An average of 29.9 points allowed per loss is not going to get it done.  Say he failed on defense all you want and it's true, but he did not fail offensively. 

In 2008 he got 7.2 YPA, 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions out of Cassell. 

Cassell's career YPA outside of New England?  5.81

So McDaniels got 1.5 yards more per attempt out of Cassell. 

15 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I am not sure if i should feel bad or sad for this guy.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I feel like that was kinda 7 years wasted on a...myles garrett trade "rumor"?

not sure the juice was worth the squeeze

He ended up on Seattle radio shows and being quoted as a source by reputable people. The juice was absolutely worth it. I don't know how you pull it off any better. He fooled the whole state.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He fooled the whole state.

impressive effort and turning his fail mary anger into action is laudable.   (I just screamed at the TV until my wife kicked me out of the house)

I suspect Packer Nation will be treated to some retribution via other reddit rascals.
This fan base is immense, not all that bright and always scouring every crevice for tidbits of Packer News.
Heck, we already had one dumbass in here posting about an imaginary trade for JJ Watt

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He ended up on Seattle radio shows and being quoted as a source by reputable people. The juice was absolutely worth it. I don't know how you pull it off any better. He fooled the whole state.

He even got Adam Schefter on the hook, which probably speaks more about Adam than the bamboozler.

50 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

maybe i don't understand how widespread this was

if it's not on footballsfuture news page, it didn't happen

• Like 1