NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he's a volume stats guy

it's like playing darts with someone who gets to throw 8 for every 3 the other guy throws.

I can see where you get that. I’ve always been lower on Calvin Johnson because he always looked like a garbage time warrior when the game is out of reach . I have no numbers to back that up, it was just my perception . 

Dak is my current garbage time warrior. I really don’t see it with him, at all.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I can see where you get that. I’ve always been lower on Calvin Johnson because he always looked like a garbage time warrior when the game is out of reach . I have no numbers to back that up, it was just my perception . 

Dak is my current garbage time warrior. I really don’t see it with him, at all.

That may be with Johnson, he definitely had some late game stats but I believe that those stats just brought him more in line with what he should of been getting had he been on a semi competitive team. 2 winning seasons in his career, I think what he would do with Brees or Manning throwing to him back then...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

That may be with Johnson, he definitely had some late game stats but I believe that those stats just brought him more in line with what he should of been getting had he been on a semi competitive team. 2 winning seasons in his career, I think what he would do with Brees or Manning throwing to him back then...

I’m sure he woulda been better. I don’t think Stafford held him back by any means though.

I have always been high on Stafford, I’m not going to lie. A lot of people disagree, but I think he’s a better QB than Roethlisberger.  I defend Stafford and Romo a lot and I’m lower than most on Ben and Rivers. 

Hes not elite, but he’s probably my favorite of the next tier. 

Not going to make Shanahan happy in SF. Wish this would have happened before MLF was hired.

Per @JimTrotter_NFL, owners approved a resolution saying teams can no longer block assistant coaches from interviewing for coordinator positions. For the first time, assistants have mobility without allowing their contracts to lapse.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 19, 2020 

Rumor is Josh Rosen is probably gonna get traded from Miami.  We should have just traded for him and used our first round pick on a receiver.

Just kidding.  Rosen doesn’t have the social intelligence or interpersonal skills for the NFL.  As I suggested two years ago.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Rumor is Josh Rosen is probably gonna get traded from Miami.  We should have just traded for him and used our first round pick on a receiver.

Just kidding.  Rosen doesn’t have the social intelligence or interpersonal skills for the NFL.  As I suggested two years ago.

Rodgers loves him. 

“Their ability to contribute, their ability to gain significant roles and to maintain those significant roles are gonna be challenging in these circumstances, more challenging than normal,” Tomlin said. “And I think throughout the course of this journey, we’re all going to realize how significant or maybe insignificant that is. I’m working my tail off with the Pittsburgh Steeler rookies to make it as insignificant as possible.”

Mike Tomlin saying the same things I suggested about rookie readiness in light of COVID-19. 

Might help people feel better about not getting much out of our first round pick.  There's no way in hell a first round rookie receiver would have any kind of impact for the Packers with Rodgers in 2020.  Just way too tough to get the chemistry and understanding of the playbook without OTAs, mini camp or maybe even training camp. 

On 5/20/2020 at 11:22 PM, Outpost31 said:

And you got that from what source?

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

And you got that from what source?

Source: Everything he’s ever done or said or had said about him.  Also the fact that he was 10th overall and traded for a second round pick one year later despite not having the worst rookie season and also the fact that he’s about to be on his third team in three years.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Source: Everything he’s ever done or said or had said about him.  Also the fact that he was 10th overall and traded for a second round pick one year later despite not having the worst rookie season and also the fact that he’s about to be on his third team in three years.

i think his bigger problem is he can't throw the ball that well

Rosen never had a chance.  Arizona in a tank year with one of the worst OL's in football.  Followed up by a tanking Mia team.  Throws a pretty ball.  Had he had a chance to sit and develop he'd be well on his way.  Instead he was thrown to the wolves.  Personally I think he would have excelled in GB and would have been the perfect understudy to Aaron.  Could land him cheap.  Pack went another direction.  So guess the point is mute.  It will be interesting to see where he ends up.