NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Vegas has their over under at 9 wins. Does that sound high to you? They lost a ton on defense and Diggs on offense. My only reluctance to bet it is that they play Chi and Det twice each.

9 sounded high when I first saw that. Minny could take the biggest step back in the North depending on how the Bears' QB situation works out. I think Det will be better than a lot of people are expecting.

Either way, that Minnesota offense lives and dies through Cook. 

37 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Vegas has their over under at 9 wins. Does that sound high to you? They lost a ton on defense and Diggs on offense. My only reluctance to bet it is that they play Chi and Det twice each.

I think it is about right.  Cousins may be overpaid, but that doesn't mean he is bad.  At WR they still have Thielen, and added Justin Jefferson and Tajae Sharpe, both of whom were quite popular on this forum a couple of months ago.  They will most likely extend Cook after a minimal holdout.

They play:  NFCN, AFCS, NFCS, Cowboys, and Seahawks.  I think the Seahawks and Cowboys will give them everything they want.  But I am not convinced that the Vikings can't win 3 or 4 from each of the Southern divisions.  

41 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think it is about right.  Cousins may be overpaid, but that doesn't mean he is bad.  At WR they still have Thielen, and added Justin Jefferson and Tajae Sharpe, both of whom were quite popular on this forum a couple of months ago.  They will most likely extend Cook after a minimal holdout.

They play:  NFCN, AFCS, NFCS, Cowboys, and Seahawks.  I think the Seahawks and Cowboys will give them everything they want.  But I am not convinced that the Vikings can't win 3 or 4 from each of the Southern divisions.  

Not so sure they want to pay Cook what he thinks he's worth.  Minimal holdout maybe ... wouldn't doubt it at all if this turns very messy and I'm going to have some popcorn while watching.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Those are pretty weak. That's most college-aged people with some bad luck mixed in. We'll call it 99 out of 100. 

If you get hit twice, you're probably doing it a lot more frequently and not getting caught. The weed DUI was also a "without a license" charge. 

DUI is something that happens way too often and most of us have done it before. But that doesn't make it something that's a throw away charge. That kills a ton of people each year.

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I guess it’s a bit too close for comfort. 

Houston at 8

Sea at 9.5 

LAR at 8.5 ( I loved them at 9) are three I’m contemplating. 

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I have a feeling the Vikes won’t give Cook a new deal, especially if he holds out.  He’s only played 58% of games and had only one nice season.  Zeke Elliott may be the last big running back contract we see for a long time.  

McCaffrey?

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Another question I have for you guys.

If Baker Mayfield has another year like last, where would he rank on the all time bust list for QBs? 

I don't think he does. Not even top 3 in Browns history in my lifetime. Johnny Manziel, Tim Couch, Deshone Kizer were all orders of magnitude worse.  

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't think he does. Not even top 3 in Browns history in my lifetime. Johnny Manziel, Tim Couch, Deshone Kizer were all orders of magnitude worse.  

I can’t entertain Kizer or Manziel. Kizer was a second round pick and Johnny was in the 20s. Baker was number 1 overall. That significance alone would make Baker a bigger bust. 

Couch, is an argument. I can’t say I remember him playing a snap. 

I say Baker would be high up there because of who he’s playing with. 
Odell

Landry

Hooper

Chubb

Hunt 

the offensive line should be closer to average . 

What bust had close to that talent to work with?

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

9 sounded high when I first saw that. Minny could take the biggest step back in the North depending on how the Bears' QB situation works out. I think Det will be better than a lot of people are expecting.

Either way, that Minnesota offense lives and dies through Cook. 

Cook is a huge part, but I really think many are underestimating the loss of Diggs too.

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I have a feeling the Vikes won’t give Cook a new deal, especially if he holds out.  He’s only played 58% of games and had only one nice season.  Zeke Elliott may be the last big running back contract we see for a long time.  

Saquon Barkely disagrees.