NFL News & Notes

Leader

Let’s also not forget... if Jones signs else were for the going rate, GB is going to get a 3rd round comp pick. Which might make the choice easier for GB.

I think GB would love to have him back, but at the right price. If Jones wants to get every penny available to him (which he honestly should), that likely isn’t in GB.

I have a feeling the RB room will be something like Jamal (Resigned), AJ, Dexter/rookie next year. With Dexter/rookie being the new Jones.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Bakhtiari is easily the better player.

And it is not even close.

If you look deeper than elite LT versus elite (for the sake of argument) RB, it is also about depth.  We have a second round pick behind Jones.  And we have what else behind Bakh?

And I can say the same thing about corner versus RB.

In my mind Bakh is clearly the priority over Jones. 

And it is King over Jones, but not by a landslide.

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And it is not even close. If you look deeper than elite LT versus elite (for the sake of argument) RB, it is also about depth.  We have a second round pick behind Jones.  And we have what else behind Bakh? And I can say the same thing about corner versus RB. In my mind Bakh is clearly the priority over Jones. And it is King over Jones, but not by a landslide.

No harm no foul, but I love how easily people are discounting a record setting RB for the GBPs and how easily his production can be duplicated/replaced. I seem to remember GB wandering in the "mostly indifferent RB woods" for quite some time......but those days are past. We can replace Jones like a battery - I guess....or hope.

I'm on board with the "you dont overpay RBs" scenario - but - I sure will miss the offensive production and points Jones has provided. The "value difference" that represents over a mid-age / more towards the back end of his career LT - is clearly a subjective, judgement call.  Sounds like we'll get a chance to see it in action.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

No harm no foul, but I love how easily people are discounting a record setting RB for the GBPs and how easily his production can be duplicated/replaced. I seem to remember GB wandering in the "mostly indifferent RB woods" for quite some time......but those days are past. We can replace Jones like a battery - I guess....or hope.

I'm on board with the "you dont overpay RBs" scenario - but - I sure will miss the offensive production and points Jones has provided. The "value difference" that represents over a mid-age / more towards the back end of his career LT - is clearly a subjective, judgement call.  Sounds like we'll get a chance to see it in action.

pretty much where I am. I think people are being a big quick to dismiss the talent A.J. has, but I do agree that Bak is more important. I think Jones wants to be here, and if the price is right I think we want him here. We will see what happens, but I do hope he has another epic season.

Bakhtiari has been a Top 3 LT for 4 years now, and in some of those year he's been arguably the best one in the league. Aaron Jones hasn't been a top 3 RB in any of his 3 years as a pro. Besides, one plays in the 3rd most important position in football and the other does it in arguably the least important one. As Vegas says it's not even close.

• Like 1

Oh, and one more thing, RBs tend to have their peaks between 23-26 years old. By the time they are 28 they are no longer elite. Aaron Jones turns 26 in less than three months (pretty wild both our Aaron have their birthday on the same day). Let him walk and get a 3rd round compensatory pick.

Edited by VonKarman
  • Like 2