NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Is it just me or does he look heavier? Also looks like he half cares in that okay...

Also why did the DB rush over to the ball carrier just to pull up and shoulder bump? If he flew over there and ran over them, the RB might of been down at the one... I just don't get the effort to get there, if you're not going to finish.

He plays for one of the New York teams... of course he doesn’t care.

He went there for money, not to win.

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Everyone here has completely given up, it's only going to get way worse. 

It just makes teams playing in those states  at higher risks. Like it was titans players, not Vikings players.

Which makes sense... depending on where the team stayed. Transportation to the stadium, etc. I’m sure the Vikings have their routine and are likely safer.

Edited by Green19

59 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Will suck if week 4 is cancelled or delayed, we would have a double bye

I could have read the tea leaves wrong, but Goodell said they formed a Covid-19 committee, so that he can "work with", and hinted at that the committee strongly believes the NFL is the ultimate next man up sport...

If I read those tea leaves correctly, Goodell was suggesting he has formed a committee that he's going to blame (to take pressure off of him), and when people come down with Covid, they're most likely going to saying "tough ****", keep playing with the healthy players you have. 

If the NFL really wanted the potential to easily reschedule games, then they should have out in a couple of entire NFL bye weeks, so rescheduled games could be played those weeks.

If they REALLY have too, they might cancel one teams games, but the rest of the NFL will keep going and they're just go off the tie breaker rules which include winning percentage at the top.

Edited by Beast

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I could have read the rest leaves wrong, but Goodell said they formed a Covid-19 committee, so that I can "work with", and hinted at that the committee strongly believes the NFL is the ultimate next man up sport...

I read those tea leaves  as Goodell was saying he has formed a committee that he can blame to take the pressure off of himself, and when a team comes down with Covid, they known very well, they'll be saying "tough ****", deal with the healthy guys that you got... and keep going.

If the NFL really wanted to handle the schedule for possible delays, they would of put in a couple of entire NFL bye weeks, so rescheduled games could happen.

If they REALLY have too, they might cancel one teams games, but the rest of the NFL will keep going and they're just go off the tie breaker rules which include winning percentage at the top.

The issue is it can take 2-14 days to come up positive in a test, from what we know (what I've read). So for all we know there are a dozen more tests incoming for the Titans and Vikings. Not sure how they can let both of those teams play this week. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The issue is it can take 2-14 days to come up positive in a test, from what we know (what I've read). So for all we know there are a dozen more tests incoming for the Titans and Vikings. Not sure how they can let both of those teams play this week. 

Exactly and I'm not sure why Beast would say that Goodell would be at fault for postivie tests. The committee will be a group that are hired to focus directly on this case scenario. I believe the NFL has invested some significant coin into coming up with plans. They found this our right away and have a plan.

Beast why build in the extra weeks it not needed for all teams? Why not see what happens. They will have gone over what will need to happen as a result of positives which is why they are closing down the facilities and taking actions/

seems prudent to me. Prayers are with those in the NFL and still around the world that are suffering as a result.

28 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I understand that it takes a couple of days, I didn't think more than a week, but I certainly don't know...

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but I expect them to push through and keep playing unless more test come up... and I could be wrong about that, just what I'm currently thinking.

15 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Exactly and I'm not sure why Beast would say that Goodell would be at fault for postivie tests. The committee will be a group that are hired to focus directly on this case scenario. I believe the NFL has invested some significant coin into coming up with plans. They found this our right away and have a plan.

Beast why build in the extra weeks it not needed for all teams? Why not see what happens. They will have gone over what will need to happen as a result of positives which is why they are closing down the facilities and taking actions/

seems prudent to me. Prayers are with those in the NFL and still around the world that are suffering as a result.

I'm not sure why you claimed I blame Goodell for positive test... Goodell is NOT at fault for positive tests, unless maybe he personal got it and spread it, which is not the case here...

I was suggesting if they were planning to reschedule games at a later point in the season (which I said I don't believe is the case), they would need open weeks to place that rescheduled games, and should have created the open weeks for potential rescheduled games (which again, I don't believe is their plan).