NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Reaper said:

What if Seattle is the higher seed and its determined that the 12th man is worth 6? I don't think it's a good idea nor do I think the NFL would ever go for it. Its a strange year and for us its the number 1 seed that we want and we want it for the bye week. I don't think anything else really matters, not this year unless fans are allowed.

In a day and age of legalized gambling - where the league itself is profiting off some (all?) the services - I dont think they want to go so far as establishing odds or a points system. Raises "integrity of the game" issues above and beyond where they are already.

51 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I remember 4 weeks ago when CBS Fantasy chided me and gave me a poor draft grade in large part because I passed on Leveon Bell.

I've won thousands of dollars with C-/D and even F fantasy draft grades lol.  In fact I don't remember winning 1st place with good draft grades.

Edited by waterfish_21

@packfanfb on Correa...

In James Earl Jones from Sneakers voice:

We are the Green Bay Packers.  We don’t do that sort of thing.

Although in this case I agree with it.  If Barnes and Martin can continue to grow into the role throughout the season, why add more?  I like what I’ve seen from Barnes a lot.  He’s one of the better coverage linebackers we’ve had since... Barnett?  Maybe Hawk in his first couple years before we switched to a 3-4.

Then again, it’s only been a couple games.

As far as Correa being versatile, we can just keep dropping Preston Smith into coverage.  Lol.

18 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

I've won thousands of dollars with C-/D and even F fantasy draft grades lol.  In fact I don't remember winning 1st place with good draft grades.

Oh, yeah, I know "winning the draft" in fantasy is like "winning the offseason" in the NFL....it usually results in mediocrity. It's a 4 man keeper and my only good players were my WRs, so it was also dinging me for reaching on RBs. 

Still, I'm sitting here like "yeah, I was RIGHT, mofo." 

59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@packfanfb on Correa...

In James Earl Jones from Sneakers voice:

We are the Green Bay Packers.  We don’t do that sort of thing.

Although in this case I agree with it.  If Barnes and Martin can continue to grow into the role throughout the season, why add more?  I like what I’ve seen from Barnes a lot.  He’s one of the better coverage linebackers we’ve had since... Barnett?  Maybe Hawk in his first couple years before we switched to a 3-4.

Then again, it’s only been a couple games.

As far as Correa being versatile, we can just keep dropping Preston Smith into coverage.  Lol.

He's a Jag now anyways. Just a thought, although we pretty much know that unless the guy is an UDFA who has been playing for the last 6 months in the Espn 8 The Ocho Cornhusker League, he's probably not a good fit for us.