Leader

NFL News & Notes

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

is leveon bell even an average RB anymore?

PFF has him rated higher than Aaron Jones.  Lol.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nobody knows. The Gase effect.

Interesting how the AFC in total got above the NFC in a short time..it shows how fast things change in the NFL. Last year you had the Chiefs and Ravens and that was it, and in the NFC there was SF, NO, Seahawks, GB, Vikes, and even non Playoff Teams like Cowboys or Rams which looked quite good after the first weeks. This year I would rank 6 AFC teams in the top 8 of the whole league (KC, BAL, TEN, BUF, PIT, NE, GB, SEA).

52 minutes ago, AustrianPacker said:

Interesting how the AFC in total got above the NFC in a short time..it shows how fast things change in the NFL. Last year you had the Chiefs and Ravens and that was it, and in the NFC there was SF, NO, Seahawks, GB, Vikes, and even non Playoff Teams like Cowboys or Rams which looked quite good after the first weeks. This year I would rank 6 AFC teams in the top 8 of the whole league (KC, BAL, TEN, BUF, PIT, NE, GB, SEA).

The Bears and Rams would probably give any of those top 8 teams fits.  And Tampa probably does too.  I do agree that the AFC is superior at this juncture.  It is mostly because the NFCE is horribad.  The division leader would be tied for 3rd, at best, in any other division.  And they probably should have lost to the Falcons.  

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It was a fantasy podcast, but there was an AMAZING observation about the effect Adam Gase has on players: 

Tannehill - with the Dolphins, he was always a "talented guy, production is OK but it feels like he could be better"; away from Gase, BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE down the stretch last year. 

Kenyan Drake - JAG under Gase in Miami; gets to Arizona, among the best producing RBs in the league down the stretch last year

Devante Parker - disappointing under Gase, but (stop me if you've heard this before) near the top of the league in production down the stretch last season

Minkah Fitzpatrick - OK rookie year under Gase, DPOY away from Gase

....and the closing argument: 

ROBBY ANDERSON. 

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It was a fantasy podcast, but there was an AMAZING observation about the effect Adam Gase has on players: 

Tannehill - with the Dolphins, he was always a "talented guy, production is OK but it feels like he could be better"; away from Gase, BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE down the stretch last year. 

Kenyan Drake - JAG under Gase in Miami; gets to Arizona, among the best producing RBs in the league down the stretch last year

Devante Parker - disappointing under Gase, but (stop me if you've heard this before) near the top of the league in production down the stretch last season

ROBBY ANDERSON. 

I still can't believe the were people in this sub who wanted the Packers to hire that clown as the head coach.

• Like 4

Adam Gase is a sociopath. There's nothing more to it lol.

Edited by beekay414

Lol.  Jets upcoming schedule:

Dolphins
Bills
Chiefs
Patriots

Adam Gase doesn't have long. 

12 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

ROBBY ANDERSON. 

Gonna tell on myself here and say that I was hoping Gase would get a good look at our HC job when MLF got it.  I said that because he worked with Peyton Manning, without much of an arm, and got amazing production.  He got the best out of Jay Cutler, whatever that was.

But....man, I was dead wrong about him.  From those crazy eyes at the intro press conference to the way that players seem to hate his structure, well, he's terrible as a HC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

Falcons testing positive.

Hope it’s not from us. 

All our tests over the bye came back negative per Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

The Ravens' DC is salty the Bengals kicked a field goal as time was expiring to avoid a shutout (the Ravens won 27-3).  As if it was "sportsmanlike" to not score at the end.

Are you kidding me?  If you want the shutout, keep them out of field goal range or block the field goal.  The Bengals scored.  No, they didn't have a chance of winning, but the same would be true if they scored a TD.

I don't get him being that upset about it.  Makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

The Ravens' DC is salty the Bengals kicked a field goal as time was expiring to avoid a shutout (the Ravens won 27-3).  As if it was "sportsmanlike" to not score at the end.

Are you kidding me?  If you want the shutout, keep them out of field goal range or block the field goal.  The Bengals scored.  No, they didn't have a chance of winning, but the same would be true if they scored a TD.

I don't get him being that upset about it.  Makes no sense to me.

Good for the Bengals. Play all 60 minutes.

• Like 1