NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Any team who adds Brown is an idiot.

ESPECIALLY if they already have talent at WR.

If the Seahawks sign Brown, I would bet any one of you 1,000 dollars the Seahawks don’t win the Super Bowl.

Some receivers are not worth having on a team regardless of talent.  Brown is in that category.  Period.

I disagree. Talent is talent. We're not talking about signing AB to a 5-year, big-investment deal. You're renting him for 8-12 games to help you in January to win a Super Bowl. The Seahawks may not win the SB just because they sign AB, but, it certainly won't hurt their chances, and that's what building a championship team is all about -- making those moves that simply increase your chances. Otherwise, you're simply treading water while other teams pass you by. The Packers have been doing that for 10 years. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I disagree. Talent is talent. We're not talking about signing AB to a 5-year, big-investment deal. You're renting him for 8-12 games to help you in January to win a Super Bowl. The Seahawks may not win the SB just because they sign AB, but, it certainly won't hurt their chances, and that's what building a championship team is all about -- making those moves that simply increase your chances. Otherwise, you're simply treading water while other teams pass you by. The Packers have been doing that for 10 years. 

You’re wrong.  If you were right, you’d be able to find an example of some diva receiver constantly getting into trouble winning a Super Bowl.  What they do is ruin quarterbacks with their constant BS.  Think Aaron overrelying on Adams, then magnify that by Adams being a ***** about not getting the ball.

Other positions you accept diva mentality if there’s talent.  Especially on defense.  WR is a hell damn effing no.

Edited by Outpost31

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re wrong.  If you were right, you’d be able to find an example of some diva receiver constantly getting into trouble winning a Super Bowl.  What they do is ruin quarterbacks with their constant BS.  Think Aaron overrelying on Adams, then magnify that by Adams being a ***** about not getting the ball.

Other positions you accept diva mentality if there’s talent.  Especially on defense.  WR is a hell damn effing no.

Again, I think we're talking about apples and oranges. I'm not saying invest in Brown. I'm saying hire the guy for 10 games. I can put up with this bull**** for that long. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Again, I think we're talking about apples and oranges. I'm not saying invest in Brown. I'm saying hire the guy for 10 games. I can put up with this bull**** for that long. 

Lol.  Like the Steelers could in a win and in, but chose to bench him?

Like the Raiders made it 10 games with him?

Like the Patriots made it 10 games with him?

Okay.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Andre Rison would like a word with you

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Andre Rison would like a word with you

You mean the one who played in 5 regular season games and had 13 receptions for 160 yards and 1 TD and had 7 receptions for 143 yards and two touchdowns in 3 playoff games off 14 targets and a 50% catch rate?

24 years ago?

That Rison?

People here act like Rison radically changed our team.  He didn’t.  Just like 2010, the Packers won that Super Bowl by holding teams to an average of 16 points in the playoffs.  I’m the 5 regular season games Rison played for us, the Packers allowed: 9, 17, 6, 3 and 10 points.  5 of Favre’s 13 interceptions came in the 5 games he had Rison.  Only 8 came in the 11 games without Rison.

Rison didn’t make the Packers better.  The Packers just flat out dominated on defense that year.  30 points once.  Allowed under 14 11 times.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You mean the one who played in 5 regular season games and had 13 receptions for 160 yards and 1 TD and had 7 receptions for 143 yards and two touchdowns in 3 playoff games off 14 targets and a 50% catch rate?

24 years ago?

That Rison?

People here act like Rison radically changed our team.  He didn’t.  Just like 2010, the Packers won that Super Bowl by holding teams to an average of 16 points in the playoffs.  I’m the 5 regular season games Rison played for us, the Packers allowed: 9, 17, 6, 3 and 10 points.  5 of Favre’s 13 interceptions came in the 5 games he had Rison.  Only 8 came in the 11 games without Rison.

Rison didn’t make the Packers better.  The Packers just flat out dominated on defense that year.  30 points once.  Allowed under 14 11 times.

Your points about that Packer team are all valid.

But, don't think for a second that the offense wasn't better with him on the field than it was when he wasn't there.  Especially as guys got hurt.

Rison was still a threat.  And in that Super Bowl, Favre flat out missed him on another play that was a sure touchdown.  He could still make plays.

If I thought for a second that Brown could keep his head on straight for the remainder of the season, I have no doubt that he would add a lot to the team.

But, this is Antonio Brown.  I don't feel he is capable of being a good person or team mate.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

No it wasn’t.  You’re all remembering one single play.  That’s it.  Lol.

Uh no.  Not one single play.  Rison was a threat.  Antonio isn't single covered if we didn't have another weapon out there.

And...Favre missed him on another long TD throw.  Rison was great in that game.

Wish he could have hung around for a few more years with us and bought into the team and culture like Woodson did.  

But he wanted more...and ended up getting less.  

And I say that because Brown is much worse than Rison, so I have little reason to believe he could do much here.