NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It has though.  On three teams in a row.  This is Antonio Brown.

I get being concerned about Oakland, but he legitimately didn't want to be there (can't blame him considering where they have been as a franchise).

NE he was working with, just the whole old rape allegation thing from before he was on the team.

AB has to know he only has 1 shot left. If he isn't on good behavior, this is it. On a minimum half a year deal, that is a risk worth taking for the upside.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Any team who adds Brown is an idiot.

ESPECIALLY if they already have talent at WR.

If the Seahawks sign Brown, I would bet any one of you 1,000 dollars the Seahawks don’t win the Super Bowl.

Some receivers are not worth having on a team regardless of talent.  Brown is in that category.  Period.

can I bet you $1000 the Seahawks don't win the super bowl even without signing Brown?

15 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I'd take AB in a heartbeat. I get the concern, but half a season on a prove it 1 year deal isn't going to blow up a locker room.

Uh, this has been proven to be a false statement by his last three teams.

Even in New England, with what was probably the best locker room in the league, he blew it up.

Even in Oakland with a head coach that is very player friendly.

Even in Pittsburgh where they benched him in a "win and in" game.

15 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I get being concerned about Oakland, but he legitimately didn't want to be there (can't blame him considering where they have been as a franchise).

NE he was working with, just the whole old rape allegation thing from before he was on the team.

AB has to know he only has 1 shot left. If he isn't on good behavior, this is it. On a minimum half a year deal, that is a risk worth taking for the upside.

You may believe that he has 1 shot left.  And that may be true.

But there is no way that Antonio Brown feels that way.  Dude has had one last chance two times already, and is now cued up for a third, if the speculation is correct.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

You may believe that he has 1 shot left.  And that may be true.

But there is no way that Antonio Brown feels that way.  Dude has had one last chance two times already, and is now cued up for a third, if the speculation is correct.

When you are only getting small 1 year offers, not  10M, it really is his final chance

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

When you are only getting small 1 year offers, not  10M, it really is his final chance

Again, I feel you are right.  But there is no way that Antonio Brown will feel like this next chance is his last.  And that is the issue with Antonio.  He doesn't breath the same air that everyone else does.

I can't believe the Vikes traded him.  I expect they will be selling off a few other pieces very soon.  None will come to us, but still, players will be gone.

I wonder if there is a trade market for Preston Smith?  If we are going to be using him like we have been this year, he's more valuable somewhere else.  Just wondering out loud if we could get a quality DL or WR for him.  Make no mistake, I don't want him gone.  I want him on the line rushing.  But that simply is not what he is doing.  And while he can cover, he isn't a "plus" while doing that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I can't believe the Vikes traded him.  I expect they will be selling off a few other pieces very soon.  None will come to us, but still, players will be gone.

I wonder if there is a trade market for Preston Smith?  If we are going to be using him like we have been this year, he's more valuable somewhere else.  Just wondering out loud if we could get a quality DL or WR for him.  Make no mistake, I don't want him gone.  I want him on the line rushing.  But that simply is not what he is doing.  And while he can cover, he isn't a "plus" while doing that.

At least he's trying to do the best he can do in coverage and has the mindset to excel to the best of his abilities. It's too bad Pettine decided to go JV coach on us and move away from what was working last year...

29 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Lol at the Vikes. Move down from RD2 to RD3 all for 6 games of Yannick Ngakoue

Also, damn, Ravens FO killing it

Best front office in the league. They should have at least 2 Super Bowls by now and if weren't for Mahomes and KC, I'd say they should have at least 4 more Super Bowls...

May be nothing, but it's better than having Reggie Bagelton on your PS. Bryant could be ready to help the Ravens during their playoff run. If he is, it's a great move. If not, there's zero risk for Baltimore to take the chance.

In one day, the Ravens made a game-changing move to get Yannick and then add Dez to the PS in a very low-risk, maybe big reward move. Again, this is what you do when you're trying to win a championship. 

This **** is so damn frustrating to watch year after year after year. 

What is the Vikings play here? Is there something wrong with Ngakoue? If they dump any more I would be a very unhappy Mike Zimmer. That will almost certainly mean management is moving on a different path from win now and that can be a Head Coach killer.