NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

I mean, they signed a 57 yr old Tom Brady for 2yrs so of course they're going all out to try and win a SB. They have this year and next with a clearly diminished Brady at the helm so they need to stack the roster as much as possible. That said, not sure why they'd want to add Brown. They already have great WR's. Not sure why they'd want to go out of their way to bring in a massive head case at a position of strength, especially one who has played 1 NFL game in nearly 2 years(an eternity by NFL standards)

He's not 57 years old and he's still effective. Will he be at the end of the year? Will he wear down? Nobody can say - but - Antonio Brown's gonna help them alot.

Why not add Brown? He's got *zero* leverage. They should be able to sign him to a team friendly deal - dirt cheap with easy outs if he acts up - which I tend to doubt he's gonna do given how close to the edge of no return he was. I think it's a smart move and it's gonna make that passing attack damn near impossible to defend.

18 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I thought Cinci's Auden Tate would've been a decent fit for MLF's offense, available for cheap, young but still has a record of production in the league. But, oh well. 

Jamison Crowder is another guy who would be perfect for us. Savy vet who's having a good season on a terrible team. Probably cheaper than Fuller.

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We have a 36 year old Aaron Rodgers who we have basically told with the Love move he has 2 years left so of course we're trying to go all out to win a SB...

This could be read as sarcastic...

5 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

It's ok they aren't getting to the SB with Pettine coordinating this defense anyway

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It's Gute's job to try. This isnt about AB, he wouldn't work in GB anyways, him and Brady are close. But go get a guy and not some project like Dante Pettis who I see floating around on Twitter. Go for broke and get Will Fuller or another top notch No. 2 guy. 

First of all @deltarich87 is dead on and why trading for a WR would be idiotic unless we got a healthy Julio or a healthy Amari Cooper and neither are happening. Secondly, Will Fuller is more injury prone that JJ Watt and wouldn't fit into this offense at all.

Face it, the first four weeks were a tease where we played a severely declining divisional rival, the latest Detroit team who will fire their coach, a New Orleans team that's a disappointment, and a Falcons team that promptly fired their coach and GM after our game. Now we're going to come crashing back to reality. We'll win the division but only on the account that Foles will falter down the stretch, Minnesota's clearly packing it in, and Detroit is practically too injured to play. If it weren't for the NFC East being a tire fire I'd say our division is quickly becoming the worst in the NFC.

Edited by Joe

The cap uncertainty and the intra-division trade aspect kinda kills this, but the Vikings trade that makes the most sense at this point is a 3rd round pick for Harrison Smith. 

No dead money in 2021 if you cut him or trade him in the offseason. Or you keep him for 2021 and pick up your comp pick, but that makes the salary cap tough. 

Upgrading Raven Greene to Harrison Smith would really really help out this defense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Packer fans man. It’s like the more success the team has the more whiney they get when faced with adversity. 

This is hyperbole. No one is saying the sky is falling. We lost one game on the road to a good team, it'll happen. We're not going 16-0 or 15-1. That being said, do you think this roster is good enough to make/win the SB? If yes, fine, you shouldn't want a move. If no, then you should want a move, unless you don't care about winning it all. 

This has nothing to do with "whining." Some people think adding a top WR or a guy like Watt could be the difference between going 12-4 and losing in the playoffs vs. 13-3 and winning a SB. Is it stupid to think that way?

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Packer fans man. It’s like the more success the team has the more whiney they get when faced with adversity. 

I know what you mean, but I find it understandable that some are frustrated. We had and have one of the best QBs and were one game away from the SB. Rodgers doesn´t have many years left and nobody knows if Love will going to be the answer after him. So we should have tried to do everything to get to a SB with Rodgers, even if we suck after him for some seasons. Just on SB with Rodgers seems just such a waste.