NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  The Texans will be closing their facility due to a player testing positive for COVID-19, source said. They are on a bye week now. They are testing all other players.

• Bill Huber -   Packers played the Texans, as you know, last week. Good news is I haven't read anything about on-the-field transmission.

Aaron Wilson -  Texans are activating wide receiver Isaiah Coulter from injured reserve to the active roster, and are placing offensive guard Max Scharping on the reserve-COVID-19 list, according to league sources.

• Bill Huber -   Scharping is a Green Bay native. He played five snaps of special teams on Sunday.

Stay tuned, film at 11...

35 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Stay tuned, film at 11...

Speaking of film.....I wonder if they look at the game film to see who he came closest to / had contact with during the game - to identify specific Packers to test - or rely on their overall testing of roster. 

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

There comes a point in every bust’s career where it’s just not a good idea to try them out in spite of their potential and athletic ability.

Eli Apple has reached that point.

Go look at his background. Loudmouth mom who got divorced a couple years ago. Lots of conflict in the home; teams probably thought his talents would overcome that - guess not. Very sad.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't want to hear problems, only solutions. 

You give me a problem you better give me three solutions to that problem or you can get. 

It's not true. His cap hit for us would be like 4-5 million this year, then 10 to 14 million per year until 2025. Salary becomes guaranteed in March each of the first two years but I don't see that as a problem cap-wise.

Edited by Packer_ESP

4 hours ago, Leader said:

• Bill Huber -   Scharping is a Green Bay native. He played five snaps of special teams on Sunday.

So far we haven't seen any evidence of on field transmission and the biggest risk is within your own locker room which makes sense with the time/proximity spent with everyone else.  If there is a risk on field, it seems to me it would be between the starting linemen on each team.  That's a lot of heavy breathing between two walls of wrecking crews.  Glad Max was only on specials.

Edited by Refugee

8 minutes ago, Striker said:

Figured the NFL would try and get any money they could from fans. I wonder though, even now when fans are in the stadium, they are still going to come in close contact with each other I'd assume, bathrooms, concessions, coming and going to the parking lot, etc. I still feel like the NFL doesn't care about the fans or players, as long as they cover their A$$ with all these "protocols" and keep collecting their money, they don't care.

23 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Figured the NFL would try and get any money they could from fans. I wonder though, even now when fans are in the stadium, they are still going to come in close contact with each other I'd assume, bathrooms, concessions, coming and going to the parking lot, etc. I still feel like the NFL doesn't care about the fans or players, as long as they cover their A$$ with all these "protocols" and keep collecting their money, they don't care.

Didn’t realize the nfl was forcing fans to come. To say they don’t care is a little strong.

They aren’t forcing fans, they are treating them as responsible individuals. If you want to take the risk, take the risk. If you don’t, that’s ok too.

But it’s up to the individual, not the nfl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Didn’t realize the nfl was forcing fans to come. To say they don’t care is a little strong.

They aren’t forcing fans, they are treating them as responsible individuals. If you want to take the risk, take the risk. If you don’t, that’s ok too.

But it’s up to the individual, not the nfl.

I think I'll stay home and watch the Packers knock off the Chiefs from my couch.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think I'll stay home and watch the Packers knock off the Chiefs from my couch.

And that is your individual choice to do.

I can’t blame a business trying to make money. Even before Covid, were we sitting here telling Ford and Chevy they need to stop making and selling cars? How many deaths a year do cars play a major role in? We could save countless lives if cars weren’t a thing.

NFL is providing a product, if they follow all the protocols... then it’s up to individual citizens to make the choice that is best for them and their families. Cant ding the nfl on that.

Believe me if we want to talk mess about the league, there is plenty of other subjects to do that. Opening up stadiums to limited numbers isn’t one of them.

This type of attention to detail must please the players a great deal.........

Adam Schefter -   X-rays during this week revealed that Jaguars’ QB Gardner Minshew II has multiple fractures and a strained ligament in his right thumb, sources told ESPN. Minshew has had discomfort in his thumb since Oct. 11 at Houston. Jaguars didn’t know about Minshew’s injury until this week