NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Hes 28 and has damn near 10k yards. Played with absolute trash throughout his career. He plays 5 more years like he has and ABSOLUTELY.

No pub in Houston cuz those teams stunk but they guy produces no matter what. If Arizona can string together a few playoff years his name will really gather some buzz with the general media.

Define playing with absolute trash throughout his career. When I hear that I think of Allen Robinson certainly not Nuk

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Define playing with absolute trash throughout his career. When I hear that I think of Allen Robinson certainly not Nuk

Allen also in a terrible situation, 3k yards behind him. Nuk is 2-3 seasons ahead of the guys in the tier below him that are the same age. Thats how you go into the HoF.

Edited by HighCalebR

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Compare that to more recent era HoF WRs per 16...

Isaac Bruce: 73 catches, 1091 yards, 7 TDs
Marvin Harrison: 93 catches, 1228 yards, 11 TDs
Randy Moss: 72 catches, 1122 yards, 11 TDs
Terrell Owens: 79 catches, 1164 yards, 11 TDs

Agree that Hopkins is tracking as a HoF WR.

How does the stats look relative to targets per game?

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hopkins average career per season stats

86 catches, 1163 yards, 7 TDs

His average career per 16 game stats

94 catches, 1273 yards, 8 TDs

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could not call that a HoF trajectory

Because football isn’t strictly stat driven like say baseball. Like highcalebR stated when I asked is he though...

everything matters. Part of that is him being on playoff teams and putting numbers up in the post season.

Only guy in recent memory that is likely hof that didn’t have this is Calvin Johnson.

Right now the only guarantee hof WRs are Larry and Julio. Then the rest is all debatable... is he on track, sure. But him not being in the post season regularly hurts him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_WR.htm

Pro football reference hof meter has Hopkins right above Jordy Nelson on their Hof meter... 88th of all WRs. Remeber guys like Hines Ward still haven’t gotten in, Steve Smith, etc. The average score for a WR apparently is 106 to get into the hof... D Hop is at 41

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Because football isn’t strictly stat driven like say baseball. Like highcalebR stated when I asked is he though...

everything matters. Part of that is him being on playoff teams and putting numbers up in the post season.

Only guy in recent memory that is likely hof that didn’t have this is Calvin Johnson.

Right now the only guarantee hof WRs are Larry and Julio. Then the rest is all debatable... is he on track, sure. But him not being in the post season regularly hurts him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_WR.htm

min pro football reference they have Hopkins right above Jordy Nelson on their Hof meter... 88th of all WRs. Remeber guys like Hines Ward still haven’t gotten in, Steve Smith, etc. The average score for a WR apparently is 106... D Hop is at 41

You're comparing careers to someone that's not finished yet. That's why it's called "trajectory." 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You're comparing careers to someone that's not finished yet. That's why it's called "trajectory." 

I know... but his trajectory isn’t amazing outside of his stats.

Until his team shows they will be normal post season contenders, and until other guys like Michael Thomas, Adams, etc fall of the cliff so Hopkins is the obvious clear number one guy. I mean just look at what winning and being on the right team with the right QB is doing for DK Metcaf... he is already being talked about as in the top five.

Stat wise yes... Hopkins is on track. But he has bad trajectory everywhere else. He is more on track for the hall of really good.

Career playoff stats

Hopkins: 6 games, 61 targets, 37 catches, 446 yards, 1 TD
Bruce: 9 games, 83 targets, 44 catches, 759 yards, 4 TD
Harrison: 16 games, 133 targets, 65 catches, 883 yards, 2 TD
Moss: 15 games, 112 targets, 54 catches, 977 yards, 10 TD
Owens: 12 games, 101 targets, 54 catches, 751 yards, 5 TD

Averages

Hopkins: 10 targets, 6 catches, 74 yards, 0.16 TD
Bruce: 9 targets, 5 catches, 84 yards, 0.44 TD
Harrison: 8 targets, 4 catches, 55 yards, 0.13 TD
Moss: 7 targets, 4 catches, 65 yards, 0.67 TD
Owens: 8 targets, 5 catches, 63 yards, 0.42 TD

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I know... but his trajectory isn’t amazing outside of his stats.

Until his team shows they will be normal post season contenders, and until other guys like Michael Thomas, Adams, etc fall of the cliff so Hopkins is the obvious clear number one guy. I mean just look at what winning and being on the right team with the right QB is doing for DK Metcaf... he is already being talked about as in the top five.

Stat wise yes... Hopkins is on track. But he has bad trajectory everywhere else. He is more on track for the hall of really good.

I just posted his career playoff stats. Try again.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just posted his career playoff stats. Try again.

Yeah and you averaged it... every other guy has like twice or three times as many games as him haha. Meaning people have twice or three times as many moments of post season excellence to place with their names.

Again we talking baseball here? Just looking at stats...

Football you need more than stats. So you try again. 

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Yeah and you averaged it... every other guy has like twice or three times as many games as him haha. Meaning people have twice or three times as many moments of post season excellence to place with their names.

Again we talking baseball here? Just looking at stats...

Football you need more than stats. So you try again. 

And those guys careers are all done. Hopkins is 28 lol. We are talking about trajectory and he has it. There's a reason you're the only person arguing this.

And, no, WRs don't need "more than stats" because those 4 WRs have a combined 2 Super Bowl wins. Tim Brown & Andre Reed are also two more WRs that are in the HoF with no rings. Steve Largent is in the HoF FFS. You know how many playoff games he played? Seven. He played seven games and put up less stats than Hopkins already has. We're not talking about Quarterback here.

If Hopkins puts up the bulk stats he's putting up, he'll get in. Guaranteed.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1