NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Their next 3 games are: 

@ ATL

@ PHI

KC (H)

Maybe the Eagles or Falcons could squeeze out an upset before KC?

I feel like Atl has the offensive weapons where if they have a little luck on defense they can upset anyone. Phi, NO is just better than them. 

I feel like Jameis is who he is, but if Payton can get him to temper his propensity to turn the ball over just a little, he could be amazing. The ideal Jameis would probably still have that Brett Favre/Kurt Warner profile of "amazing player and if he'd turn the ball over maybe 10-15% less he'd truly be the GOAT" 

I would be surprised if the Eagles beat the Saints.  I don't think that Wentz is any better than Jameis, and I know the rest of the Saints roster is better than the Eagles' roster.  

The Atlanta game may be fun though.  

It would be even better if the Eagles and Falcons beat them, then they beat the Chiefs.  LOL

17 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Fan boy site. This is relevant to nothing. I just thought it was minorly interesting. Like I never thought they really would. But still.

Numbers are fun. PFF is the IKEA for numbers, selling statistical coffee tables retail for, like, a profit deal. Pro football teams hand select their own numbers and craft what they want and need, right? I suspect that’s why they hire the quality control staff.

I am surprised Mr. Mulagheta is just coming to an awareness of a possible profit motive attached to a site appended with “.com”.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While I agree PFF is for clicks/internet arguing, I think I've heard the Packers ( or someone else) say they use PFF in some function before.

My understanding is that most teams have it as a sanity check. For 400 bucks it offers an amateurs second hand opinion on any player. If the team thinks a lineman is a strong drive blocker but PFF says they're terrible, they might go back and look at it.