NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, packfanfb said:

He was hurt this past week. Cobb basically took his targets this year in the slot. Thought he'd be traded but his contract wasn't great for another team.

Well its an interesting time to release the guy.......Cobb's just been put on IR and will be out 3 games.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Is (or has) Stills been hurt?

2020's got a whole lot of nothing stats-wise:  10 games played / 19 targets / 11 receptions / 144 yards.

It seems like he would have been more productive but that team was a total mess early on, it seems they are getting it together a bit but definitely a lost season.  I know Stills has played in NO and MIA so if he's a warm weather guy, he won't be choosing the frozen tundra.  At the same time, we have the best QB situation of those two.  Will be interesting to see what move he makes.

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

It seems like he would have been more productive but that team was a total mess early on, it seems they are getting it together a bit but definitely a lost season.....

Yeah.....they have been playing better since jettisoning O'Brien.
If they made a run of W's they could get in the back end of the Playoffs.....but their schedule isnt great: Indy (twice) Chicago, Bengals & Titans.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   For those asking, yes Stills would need to clear waivers, but at $2mil + for what would amount to 4 or 5 regular season games depending on when he clears protocols, I think there’s a strong chance he goes unclaimed.

Wouldn't shock me if the Browns were the team that claims him for $2m. They have the extra cap and didn't address the WR position after Odell got hurt. If there's a team willing to put in a claim, I'd put my money on them. 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wouldn't shock me if the Browns were the team that claims him for $2m. They have the extra cap and didn't address the WR position after Odell got hurt. If there's a team willing to put in a claim, I'd put my money on them. 

Could be. I'd be surprised if we went after him.

9 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m hoping we get Tavon Austin (assuming he has something left). You’d think he can easily replace Shep and be Ervin insurance. 

Agreed.....but if we signed him today, I dont think he could play Sunday because of COVID protocols.

Just now, Brit Pack said:

Don't you guys see it!!!! Tavon is our 2020 Desmond Howard and if we get Kenny he would be our Rison. The writing is on the wall we could be Super Bowl bound!!!

In 1996 the Packers had Fritz Shurmur as a defensive coordinator.

On that defensive roster, two players (Sean Jones and Reggie White) had 311 career sacks between them.
Gilbert Brown and Santana Dotson were also on that defensive line.
Wayne Simmons, Leroy Butler, Eugene Robinson were also on that team.

They allowed under 14 points 10 times in the regular season.
They allowed 14, 13 and 21 points in the postseason. 

What I'm trying to say is that you could add Kenny Stills, Tavon Austin and cloned Jerry Rice in his prime disguised as Rice Jerry and the Packers still would not win the Super Bowl this year. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

In 1996 the Packers had Fritz Shurmur as a defensive coordinator.

On that defensive roster, two players (Sean Jones and Reggie White) had 311 career sacks between them.
Gilbert Brown and Santana Dotson were also on that defensive line.
Wayne Simmons, Leroy Butler, Eugene Robinson were also on that team.

They allowed under 14 points 10 times in the regular season.
They allowed 14, 13 and 21 points in the postseason. 

What I'm trying to say is that you could add Kenny Stills, Tavon Austin and cloned Jerry Rice in his prime disguised as Rice Jerry and the Packers still would not win the Super Bowl this year. 

Yes, it is like 1996 but just worse that's all. Doesn't mean we are not Super Bowl bound...

• Like 1