NFL News & Notes

Leader

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

In 1996 the Packers had Fritz Shurmur as a defensive coordinator.

On that defensive roster, two players (Sean Jones and Reggie White) had 311 career sacks between them.
Gilbert Brown and Santana Dotson were also on that defensive line.
Wayne Simmons, Leroy Butler, Eugene Robinson were also on that team.

They allowed under 14 points 10 times in the regular season.
They allowed 14, 13 and 21 points in the postseason. 

What I'm trying to say is that you could add Kenny Stills, Tavon Austin and cloned Jerry Rice in his prime disguised as Rice Jerry and the Packers still would not win the Super Bowl this year. 

What you're saying is that we need Ron Wolf back...😉

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Don't you guys see it!!!! Tavon is our 2020 Desmond Howard and if we get Kenny he would be our Rison. The writing is on the wall we could be Super Bowl bound!!!

There you go, with big Anthony Rush playing the Howard Green role when we see Pit in the SB!  Keep the optimism coming.

42 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Matt Patricia for DC?

I want to say yes because anyone is better than Pettine, but nobody is hiring Patricia as a head coach again.  When promotion isn’t on the line, it turns defensive coordinators into Pettine and Capers.

ALWAYS hire young coordinators.  ALWAYS.  No exceptions.

No worse idea than hiring a defensive coordinator content with being a defensive coordinator.

Also, Bill Belichick was the defensive coordinator.  He just gave Patricia the title.  Patricia should never have been hired as a head coach.

49 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You know why I tell all of you how stupid it is to draft inside linebackers, interior offensive linemen, tight ends and receivers in the top 24 of the first round?

Look at Bob Quinn’s draft history.

Lol.

I mean he also drafted Okudah this year and the guy has sucked. Sometimes you just suck at drafting/are unlucky (which is a lot of the draft anyways).

Maybe Okudah turns it around but the Lions should have drafted Herbert and dealt Stafford when they had the chance.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Cannot recall the last time I saw so many former and current players openly celebrating a coaches firing so quickly like I have with Patricia's. Dude must've been insufferable to play for

I was shocked at how Stafford responded when asked about Patricia getting fired. 

Adam Schefter -   Here's how Denver got wiped out at the QB position in a 72-hour span:

QB Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID on Thursday.

Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles did not wear masks, per a source, and were deemed high-risk close contacts today. They now are out Sunday.