NFL News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Here's how Denver got wiped out at the QB position in a 72-hour span:

QB Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID on Thursday.

Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles did not wear masks, per a source, and were deemed high-risk close contacts today. They now are out Sunday.

A. This whole high risk close contact rule is dumb af. 

B. Saints just caught a big break.  Basically gives them a free road win in a game that would otherwise probably be competitive.

Edited by packfanfb

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A. This whole high risk close contact rule is dumb af. 

B. Saints just caught a big break.  Basically gives them a free road win in a game that would otherwise probably be competitive.

Who do they have left to play QB?

ESPN -  For at least the next three weeks, the San Francisco 49ers are a team without a home.

That's because Santa Clara County, home of the 49ers and Levi's Stadium, issued enhanced COVID-19 guidelines for professional, collegiate and youth sports on Saturday afternoon that effectively puts a three-week ban on any contact sports taking place in the county.

The 49ers currently have two home games scheduled within that three-week window, Dec. 7 against Buffalo on Monday Night Football and Dec. 13 against the Washington. Under the rules, the team would need to find an alternate place to play those games as well as to hold their practices.

"We are aware of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department's emergency directive," the 49ers said in a statement. "We are working with the NFL and our partners on operational plans and will share details as they are confirmed."

Average draft position of position groups on Super Bowl winning teams is my next project. 

Just because three people in NFL General lol'd at me when I lol'd at the Lions taking an IOL in the first round. 

Chiefs
QB - 114
RB - 146
WR - 125
TE - 152
IOL - 192
OT - 74
EDGE - 102
DL - 149
ILB - 114 *Darron Lee, Reggie Ragland.  
DB - 162

Patriots
QB - 237
RB - 146
WR - 144
TE - 127
IOL - 196
OT - 219
EDGE - 83
DL - 176
ILB - 184
DB - 133

Eagles (Did not count Wentz.  Remember, I only counted final rosters)
QB - 138
RB - 207
WR - 114
TE - 157
IOL - 81
OT - 76
EDGE - 85
DL - 155
ILB - 171
DB - 113

Patriots
QB - 117
RB - 230
WR - 177
IOL - 176
OT - 143
DL - 54
EDGE - 57
ILB - 93
DB - 142

Broncos
QB - 103
RB - 206

ESPN -  The Baltimore Ravens placed six players on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday, causing some to wonder whether they can field a competitive team in Tuesday's game against the undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Ravens have 20 players total on the reserve/COVID-19 list as quarterback Trace McSorley and injured cornerback Iman Marshall had been on the list since before this week.

Mike McCartney -   Some NFL teams have had a Quarantined QB. Most haven’t. Hard to prepare for every contingency in 2020 but this one seemed like a good idea.

• Jim Owczarski  -   Matt LaFleur has been asked about this at several points this year. As of this past week (before this Denver situation but after Baltimore’s), he has maintained belief in the Packers protocols to keep that room clear.
Edited by Leader

Don't go into NFL General.

I'm telling myself this. 

I really do love it though when numbers prove me right. 

The average draft position of rosters that actually won Super Bowls since 2013 (I might keep going but we all know I don't have to):

EDGE - 110
OT - 128
QB - 130
DB - 142
IDL - 142
ILB - 150
TE - 151
WR - 154
IOL - 176
RB - 180

Edited by Outpost31

Seriously, this list is perfectly in line with how I would rank positions in the draft.  This is just...

This is just a beautiful thing to look at.  Would you just look at it? 

EDGE - 110
OT - 128
QB - 130
DB - 142
IDL - 142
ILB - 150
TE - 151
WR - 154
IOL - 176
RB - 180

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Seriously, this list is perfectly in line with how I would rank positions in the draft.  This is just...

This is just a beautiful thing to look at.  Would you just look at it? 

I would make an exception for QB and just include the starter (and back-up in weird Nick Files cases).