NFL News & Notes

Leader

38 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Feels like the spirit of Mike Tice has re-entered the NFCN

I like him... this is great. Only issue for him... stuff like this is great when you are winning.

when you keep losing, this stuff will just fall on deaf ears.

22 minutes ago, Joe said:

Campbell will flame out in Detroit. He's been ready to be a HC for quite sometime, but he would've been more successful elsewhere. Atlanta would've been a great place for him.

It's the Detroit Lions .. he's got about a 5 percent chance of being successful.  They gave him a six year deal too .. he'll be gone in three.

41 minutes ago, Joe said:

Campbell will flame out in Detroit. He's been ready to be a HC for quite sometime, but he would've been more successful elsewhere. Atlanta would've been a great place for him.

Dont know / cant say. Havent read up a whole lot on the guy, but what I have (or what stood out to me) was that he's not an innovator or X's & O's guy. He's more a leader / motivator. Okay - nothing wrong with that - so long as your GM/Scouts are delivering talent and you surround yourself with a good OC/DC.

He was in Miami before? Dont see that organization meeting those standards. How DET's set up to support him (?) - I cant say. Dont wish him ill - but wont be rooting for him a whole bunch either 🙂

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   The Washington Football Team officially announces Martin Mayhew as its GM to report to Ron Rivera and work alongside Marty Hurney in the front office.

////

The GM reports to the HC?

Not that uncommon. Mayock reports to Gruden as an example.