NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, CWood21 said:

Find me a SINGLE post where you thought Josh Allen would be good.  A single one.

It doesn't matter.  We have the exact same number of Super Bowl wins or more without Rodgers over the past three years as we do with him and roughly 12% more salary cap without him.

You're wrong.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

It doesn't matter.  We have the exact same number of Super Bowl wins or more without Rodgers over the past three years as we do with him and roughly 12% more salary cap without him.

You're wrong.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Very odd that they would fire Pederson and trade Wentz.

@Packerraymond, remember  when I argued the Eagles should have traded Wentz and that the Rams should have traded Goff?

I remember. 

The Packers should have traded Rodgers before extending him to that last contract, too.

I'll accept a simple, "You were right," from everybody. 

We're going to have to sacrifice you to get Mike Pettine back and not hire Barry. Sorry, you had a good run but this is necessary.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We're going to have to sacrifice you to get Mike Pettine back and not hire Barry. Sorry, you had a good run but this is necessary.

If people would admit I'm right more often this wouldn't happen.

If we fired Pettine after last year's butt ****ing we wouldn't have had to sit through The Butt ****ing (end of half TD will always henceforth be referred to as The Butt ****ing with a capital F. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If people would admit I'm right more often this wouldn't happen.

If we fired Pettine after last year's butt ****ing we wouldn't have had to sit through The Butt ****ing (end of half TD will always henceforth be referred to as The Butt ****ing with a capital F. 

And if we hire Joe Barry, you'll miss those memories from the Pettine days of actually being in the NFCCG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm right.  I sleep just fine.

You’re right IF you picked Allen.  I actually don’t think you have a bad premise, but it is not without risk.

The Mack trade was right move for Raiders if they draft well with it, but they didn’t.  You have to make the right move and pick right personnel when you move off a known player.  

And if you want to make minor rewrites of history and play ‘what if,’ honestly Packers are a bad cover 1 call at end of half from being in Super Bowl or less likely perhaps if they went for it inside 10 rather than kicking field goal.   

I believe if they trade up for Jefferson or Lamb for sure or maybe even if they take Pittman at their spot rather than Love they are in SB with a good chance to win.   They may have set multiple scoring records this season.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

PR is on a roll :)👍

Not really.  I’m not as low on Barry as a lot of people here clearly are.  Check out my post on him in the new DC thread.  That historically bad Lions team had the same amount of single digit scoring games in one year as Pettine did in his entire time in Green Bay with the worst possible secondary probably in the history of the NFL.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Not really.  I’m not as low on Barry as a lot of people here clearly are.  Check out my post on him in the new DC thread.  That historically bad Lions team had the same amount of single digit scoring games in one year as Pettine did in his entire time in Green Bay with the worst possible secondary probably in the history of the NFL.

He was being funny. That's all.

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They gave up less than 25 points twice. Again where are you pulling these numbers from????

He never had the 5th ranked defense in Washington and his 2008 defense with Detroit have up 32.3 ppg, gave up over 30 points 11/16 games they played.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They gave up less than 25 points twice. Again where are you pulling these numbers from????

He never had the 5th ranked defense in Washington and his 2008 defense with Detroit have up 32.3 ppg, gave up over 30 points 11/16 games they played.

Just going off all that I've read about Barry since the initial hire went south.......I'm having a hard time seeing him as the choice. Based on what success? I'm not reading him having it anywhere.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You're looking at the wrong season for the Lions.

Joe Barry was the Lions defensive coordinator in the 2007-2008 season. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Detroit_Lions_season

On October 28th the Lions held the Bears to 7 points.
On November 4th they held the Broncos to 7 points.

They also held the Raiders to 21, Vikings to 17, Buccaneers to 16, Giants 16.

Pettine held the Bills to 0 and the Bears to 3 and those are the only single digit scoring games Pettine had as a Packer coordinator.

The 2015 Washington team I was looking at the wrong year.  They were #5 this year and I thought I had changed it to 2015, but I had not. 

I'm ready to quit football over Joe Barry and I was trying to convince myself otherwise leave me alone.

Edited by Outpost31

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You're looking at the wrong season for the Lions.

Joe Barry was the Lions defensive coordinator in the 2007-2008 season. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Detroit_Lions_season

On October 28th the Lions held the Bears to 7 points.
On November 4th they held the Broncos to 7 points.

They also held the Raiders to 21, Vikings to 17, Buccaneers to 16, Giants 16.

Pettine held the Bills to 0 and the Bears to 3 and those are the only single digit scoring games Pettine had as a Packer coordinator.

The 2015 Washington team I was looking at the wrong year.  They were #5 this year and I thought I had changed it to 2015, but I had not. 

I'm ready to quit football over Joe Barry and I was trying to convince myself otherwise leave me alone.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/2008/gamelog/

Check out the coordinators. I trust this over Wiki any day. It was the 0-16 season he was DC, I've seen it all over Twitter.