NFL News & Notes

Leader

Ben Fennell -    I'm beginning to prefer many of the zone based defenses across the NFL -

IND, BUF, LAR, GB, TB

Conservative approach. Stop Run. Prevent Big Plays. Excellent Tackling. Rally to Ball. Toughness Across Personnel. Eyes on QB. Get Turnovers!

Negative: Lots of Completions

Ben Fennell  -     I love the Colts defense. But over the last 2 seasons - they have allowed the highest percentage of completions!

This is the vulnerability of the scheme. But they tackle sooo well! They rally to the ball sooo well! They limit YAC and force fumbles... That's the formula.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell  -     I love the Colts defense. But over the last 2 seasons - they have allowed the highest percentage of completions!

This is the vulnerability of the scheme. But they tackle sooo well! They rally to the ball sooo well! They limit YAC and force fumbles... That's the formula.

That's why it's hard to watch us.  Packers don't tackle well and very few forced fumbles.

Alex Smith telling it like it is......

"They didn't see it, didn't want me there, didn't want me to be a part of it, didn't want me to be on the team, the roster, didn't want to give me a chance. Mind you, it was a whole new regime, they came in; I'm like the leftovers and I'm hurt and I'm this liability. Heck no, they didn't want me there. At that point, as you can imagine, everything I'd been through, I couldn't have cared less about all that. Whether you like it or not, I'm giving this a go at this point."

On 2/23/2021 at 8:19 AM, Brat&Beer said:

Could Watt be more affordable than some people think?

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/watts-quiet-free-agent-market-could-benefit-packers

“He’s not in a hurry because he’s not getting the offers he wants,” a source said.

Werder reported Watt’s priorities were a quarterback, supporting cast and money, in that order. However, the longer Watt remains a free agent, the less the chance he receives anything even in the ballpark of the $17.5 million he passed up by being granted his release from the Houston Texans 10 days ago.
At the time, a source believed Watt would get a contract worth in the neighborhood of $10 million to $12 million per season. That’s looking more and more unlikely, though, the source said.

It might also be that he's waiting for Green Bay and or Pittsburgh to create enough cap space to sign him.

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Alex Smith telling it like it is......

"They didn't see it, didn't want me there, didn't want me to be a part of it, didn't want me to be on the team, the roster, didn't want to give me a chance. Mind you, it was a whole new regime, they came in; I'm like the leftovers and I'm hurt and I'm this liability. Heck no, they didn't want me there. At that point, as you can imagine, everything I'd been through, I couldn't have cared less about all that. Whether you like it or not, I'm giving this a go at this point."

I think if the Bears were smart, this would be the guy to sign.  

14 minutes ago, jleisher said:

I think if the Bears were smart, this would be the guy to sign.  

Meh. While I commend him on his comeback - I dont see him having a long shelf life and CHI - while they could tread water till a substantial talent shows up (or they can get one) - I suspect will try to snag somebody that can carry the team for years to come.

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Meh. While I commend him on his comeback - I dont see him having a long shelf life and CHI - while they could tread water till a substantial talent shows up (or they can get one) - I suspect will try to snag somebody that can carry the team for years to come.

And when they muck it up, they'll be grateful for someone like Alex Smith to fill in.  He's better than Foles at least (IMO).

It is mad, QBs have or think they have this level of power where they are demanding trades that will results in dead cap hits of over $50m for a team. I hope the teams don't give in because it seem like QBs want to run the show and if they are not getting their way they want out. They need to be put in their place.

I'm not a Russel Wilson fan.  Sorry, not sorry.

But, guess I thought of him as a "lifer" at QB for Seattle.  What is the issue with him over there?

He tired of having no offensive line?  Or a defense that is no longer elite?

Or is it that Seattle can get insane value back for him and they won big with him under a rookie deal?

It's like these QB's need to realize that when they take up that much of the cap, it will hurt the rest of the team around them.  Maybe they should @Outpost31 sometime!

• Like 1