NFL News & Notes

Leader

Ian Rapoport -  The Eagles and C Jason Kelce have agreed on a new deal for 2021, paying him $9M fully guaranteed at signing and potentially up to $12M. He announced on Instagram he’s back for another season.

///

Not sure how Kelce stacks up against Linsley, but its an indication of the market for Centers.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  The Eagles and C Jason Kelce have agreed on a new deal for 2021, paying him $9M fully guaranteed at signing and potentially up to $12M. He announced on Instagram he’s back for another season.

///

Not sure how Kelce stacks up against Linsley, but its an indication of the market for Centers.

An indication on the top 5 centers probably, not centers in general.

There’s a reason why the average NFL fan can name probably 5 centers in the league.  I think it’s stupid to pay a center that much money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

An indication on the top 5 centers probably, not centers in general.

There’s a reason why the average NFL fan can name probably 5 centers in the league.  I think it’s stupid to pay a center that much money.

I think any good team would pay the center and T's decent and work to keep the guards cheaper as they are protected. We have had good center play over the years as others have said. 

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

I think any good team would pay the center and T's decent and work to keep the guards cheaper as they are protected. We have had good center play over the years as others have said. 

That’s more a reflection of our coaching I think.

We’ve spent **** all on centers.  From cap space to draft capital.  We’ve consistently been a top 10 team in center play.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

We’ve spent **** all on centers.  From cap space to draft capital.  We’ve consistently been a top 10 team in center play.  

And the one guy we did bring in ****ing sucked.

716c9efb8533482fd0c9fa8a6cea966d.jpg

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Agreed, we have done well there but it's about balance though we don't want any chump in there but we do have a few capable guys to jump in.

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Agreed, we have done well there but it's about balance though we don't want any chump in there but we do have a few capable guys to jump in.

Linsley was a chump who started as a rookie 5th round pick against a Seattle DL that was dominant and you didn’t hear his name called once in a negative light.

It’s weird how you remember things like that watching football, but I distinctly recall (I think Collinsworth) calling attention to it in the broadcast after every outlet picked up on it leading to the season opener.  

Adam Schefter -   Seahawks are releasing Carlos Dunlap today.

• Field Yates -  Upon trading for Carlos Dunlap, Seattle re-worked his contract that included a $3M roster bonus due on the 5th day of the new league year. Dunlap heads to free agency as a still capable pass rusher and the Seahawks clear $14.1M in cap space to work with.

Andrew Brandt -  Jaguars are asking a couple players for pay cuts; with $80M in Cap room. Reminder: teams will often use "Cap room" excuse when they release or pay cut players to make it sound better. Real reason? Like a guy who keeps hearing "sorry, I'm busy": they're just not that into you.

(Or, they're cheap bastards)

Field Yates -  Raiders 2019 free agency/trade adds:

WR Antonio Brown: 3-years, $50M, cut before season began

WR Tyrell Williams: 4-years, $44M, cut after two years, 42 catches

S LaMarcus Joyner: 4-years, $42M, cut after two years, 0 INT

OT Trent Brown: 4-years, $66M, available via trade

///

Doesnt seem like a wise use of resources.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -  Raiders 2019 free agency/trade adds:

WR Antonio Brown: 3-years, $50M, cut before season began

WR Tyrell Williams: 4-years, $44M, cut after two years, 42 catches

S LaMarcus Joyner: 4-years, $42M, cut after two years, 0 INT

OT Trent Brown: 4-years, $66M, available via trade

///

Doesnt seem like a wise use of resources.

Not sure Trent Brown deserves to be grouped with those guys.  He missed the season due to complications from Covid and he was a Pro Bowler the season before.

Albert Breer  -    The Cowboys announce they've agreed to a new contract with quarterback Dak Prescott.

The Cowboys are finalizing a four-year, $160 million deal with QB Dak Prescott, source said, of which a record $126 million is guaranteed. Team compromised on years and guarantee, kept APY manageable.

Edited by Leader