NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, cannondale said:

It's no different than the "what if you won the lotto" question. I'd quit my job asap. Don't ask if the truth bothers you

lol it doesn't "bother me" whatsoever. You say this now, from a position of "god would I love that money" but if only one friggin' guy in the entire league is doing it, and he has the luxury of having a wife with a net worth of $400 Million, then I'm 1000% sure you would 1000% give up millions of dollars in your short career to "win." 

LIS, I wanna see how many of you are full of ****. The count is 1 at the moment.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol it doesn't "bother me" whatsoever. You say this now, from a position of "god would I love that money" but if only one friggin' guy in the entire league is doing it, and he has the luxury of having a wife with a net worth of $400 Million, then I'm 1000% sure you would 1000% give up millions of dollars in your short career to "win." 

LIS, I wanna see how many of you are full of ****. The count is 1 at the moment.

I fully agree - the count is 1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We're really still on the "why don't QBs take less to win" conversation? Ask yourself this...

The owner of your company comes up to you and tells you that, if you take a $10/hour paycut, he can afford to hire someone to up production/lower your workload. Are you taking that paycut? My guess is no. 

You saying this like some people aren't already getting paid less and making a decision to stay at a particular workplace due to other "perks/ benefits/reasons".

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You wouldn't give up $10/hour to alleviate your workload and make your life easier but I'm sure you'd give up $10 Million/year to do so.

lol

You appear to not recognize that some already are not pursuing more money in exchange for other things that are equally/ more rewarding to them.  

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You saying this like some people aren't already getting paid less and making a decision to stay at a particular workplace due to other "perks/ benefits/reasons".

But that's not what I'm saying at all, which is what you fail to realize. I'm asking if you'd take that pay cut with what you make now, not "well I could leave for more elsewhere." 

Nobody is going to leave $10 million on the table in the NFL. Especially not a QB that's won a Super Bowl and been to 5 NFC Title games. We win more than most franchises could ever dream of but it's not enough for this fan base. 

LIS, literally the only guy in the NFL that's doing it is the guy who has a wife worth almost half a billion dollars. And, again, you guys also don't realize that $30 million in sports isn't $30 million. Cut that in half and that's what Aaron realistically takes home. Nobody, in a career that lasts a decade if you're lucky, is going to pass up money. Not in this sport. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But that's not what I'm saying at all, which is what you fail to realize. I'm asking if you'd take that pay cut with what you make now, not "well I could leave for more elsewhere." 

Again, you don't know this as there are people that do take less for a better situation.  

Nobody is going to leave $10 million on the table in the NFL. Especially not a QB that's won a Super Bowl and been to 5 NFC Title games. We win more than most franchises could ever dream of but it's not enough for this fan base. 

Well, the QB has repeatedly talked about legacy.  His life, his choice. His legacy.

I don't hold it against Rodgers for maximizing his earnings.

LIS, literally the only guy in the NFL that's doing it is the guy who has a wife worth almost half a billion dollars. And, again, you guys also don't realize that $30 million in sports isn't $30 million. Cut that in half and that's what Aaron realistically takes home. Nobody, in a career that lasts a decade if you're lucky, is going to pass up money. Not in this sport. 

Yup.  And that guy has a lot of super bowl titles.  Certainly correlation =/= causation, but the end results do speak to something. 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But it's a stupid conversation anyways. It's not realistic and anyone that thinks so is just naive. 

Restructuring? Yes, that's how the business works. Taking less? Nobody does that.

You sure players don't take less? 

You don't think Bahktiari or Adams could have gotten more in FA?

Just now, squire12 said:

Yup.  And that guy has a lot of super bowl titles.  Certainly correlation =/= causation, but the end results do speak to something. 

And that guy has a extremely rich wife. Brady is the exception, not the rule.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Again, you don't know this as there are people that do take less for a better situation. 

Again, you're not getting it. It's not about taking less for a better situation. It's taking less in the situation you're already in. Nobody takes a significant pay cut, from a salary they are already making, to stay in the exact same place. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Well, the QB has repeatedly talked about legacy.  His life, his choice. His legacy.

And his legacy is an all-time GOAT legacy. Nothing is getting tarnished in his legacy at this point in time.