NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats certainly true....but if they have to release him as well?
I've no clue about the cap space....but they seem to be BOTH shedding and signing players.

Losing Hicks and Fuller on D and adding Dalton and tagging ARob...woulda been better off keeping the D players IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Losing Hicks and Fuller on D and adding Dalton and tagging ARob...woulda been better off keeping the D players IMO.

They couldnt let Robinson walk.....cause although Mooney is fast - Robinson's the #1 WR and I dont think they have (had) as shot a Golloday.

Edited by Leader

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

NFL Update -   The Bears have given star DL Akiem Hicks permission to seek a trade, per @BradBiggs. Unclear if that's still the case, but Hicks is entering the final year of his deal and is due to earn $10.5M in 2021. If traded, he wants a substantial raise.

///

Which do you create money for?  Fuller or Hicks?

Since neither will happen, i'll just go with my dream and say Hicks unquestionably.   Hicks and Clark with Z, P and Gary would be an absolute wrecking ball crew, run and pass.  That said, both will be too much in anything but my dream world

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Since neither will happen, i'll just go with my dream and say Hicks unquestionably.   Hicks and Clark with Z, P and Gary would be an absolute wrecking ball crew, run and pass.  That said, both will be too much in anything but my dream world

Better yet, we find the next Hicks. He’s still a force but has been around the block and I’d be weary of signing a long term deal even if we could. 

A dream would for GB to be as good at D&D Dline as they are with Oline. 

Packers tried to make a deal with Fuller a couple years back, when he was a RFA. Obviously he stayed with chicago, although the Packers effectively upped the ante for him to return.

Since he's now a "street free agent," I'd guess Green Bay will practice due diligence. But I highly doubt they can afford the type of salary he'll command.

That written, IF I had the choice of Fuller or Hicks, I take Hicks in a heartbeat!

Edited by JQ1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Better yet, we find the next Hicks. He’s still a force but has been around the block and I’d be weary of signing a long term deal even if we could. 

A dream would for GB to be as good at D&D Dline as they are with Oline. 

I'm in agreement with your post completely.  However, in a vacuum, choice between Fuller and Hicks, I want Hicks.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -   Alex Mack’s three-year deal with the 49ers includes a $3.675M signing bonus, $5.6M guaranteed and a base value of $14.85M. Mack continues to play rock solid ball into his 30’s.

Not a bad deal there for Mack. I’m going to assume Jenkins will start at center for us

Hicks or Fuller?

Hicks wrecks the game more.  Older, more injury prone.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but if the contract is equal for both, I'd rather take Fuller.  We need a corner badly.  We need an IDL as well, but not as badly as we need a corner.

And I feel like Keke is going to be a solid player inside.  

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Hicks or Fuller?

Hicks wrecks the game more.  Older, more injury prone.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but if the contract is equal for both, I'd rather take Fuller.  We need a corner badly.  We need an IDL as well, but not as badly as we need a corner.

And I feel like Keke is going to be a solid player inside.  

Im taking Hicks. It’s tough to find a DL in the draft that’s ready to play right away. 

42 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Im taking Hicks. It’s tough to find a DL in the draft that’s ready to play right away. 

Sure is.  I have high hopes for Keke.  Lowry is still there.  And there are some run plugs out there that I'll bet can be had for cheap.

Thing that scares me about Hicks is age and mounting injuries.  

No doubt he wrecks a game more than Fuller.  No doubt that the draft is deeper at corner than IDL.

It's the injury thing that scares me away from Hicks.  Not the talent or the fit.  He's a great IDL.

Field Yates -   The NFL has announced its complete 2021 NFL Draft order.

No team has more total picks than Minnesota's 11.
No team has fewer than Seattle, who owns just 3 (2nd round, 4th round, 7th round).

///

Damn. Just 3 picks. Draft weekend's gonna be a boring affair for SEA.

39 minutes ago, Chili said:

Feel so sorry for Seahawks fans. Can't even look forward to the draft like so many of us, one of the most exciting periods of the year.

Where did all their draft picks go? 😮

Adams, Dunlap rental and recently G Gabe Wilkins. Going to be looking like the Bears West if they don’t hit on their few picks.