NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I don’t think they go CB in The 1st. They signed Peterson and Alexander already. They will probably take one layer but round one it’s likely they go OL or EDGE. 

It’s the Vikings.  They’ll take a tight end or a guard, probably an ILB.

Rich Cimini -  This was the 11th player trade by Joe Douglas. Those include trading away three former first rounders:

Sam Darnold, 2018
Jamal Adams, 2017
Leonard Williams, 2015

Albert Breer -   Total haul for Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams ...

• 2020 3rd-round pick (S Ashtyn Davis)
• 2021 1st-round pick
• 2021 3rd-round pick
• 2021 5h-round pick
• 2021 6th-round pick
• 2022 1st-round pick
• 2022 2nd-round pick
• 2022 4th-round pick

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Rich Cimini -  This was the 11th player trade by Joe Douglas. Those include trading away three former first rounders:

Sam Darnold, 2018
Jamal Adams, 2017
Leonard Williams, 2015

Albert Breer -   Total haul for Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams ...

• 2020 3rd-round pick (S Ashtyn Davis)
• 2021 1st-round pick
• 2021 3rd-round pick
• 2021 5h-round pick
• 2021 6th-round pick
• 2022 1st-round pick
• 2022 2nd-round pick
• 2022 4th-round pick

That really isn't that good considering that is 3 top 6 picks, granted none of those were Douglas' guys

• Like 2

Around The NFL  -   Richard Sherman expects to wait until after NFL Draft to land a job: "You turn 33, and then it's like, 'We'll wait until we get a young pup; and if we can't get a young pup, we'll take an old fool'"

:)

• Like 1

Damarious Randall re-signing with the Seahawks.  They stated they will utilize him as a corner back, not safety. Interesting.

The best chance the Packers have as I see it at this point of adding a vet who could come in and help right away is someone who presently has a team and will be cut.  There just isn't much out there anymore at positions of need within a money slot that would work for us.  Something likely to still happen, but most interesting for the Packers so far this year is the lack of movement with 12's contract.   

ESPN - At the beginning of March, the conversation surrounding quarterback Deshaun Watson was about whether the Houston Texans would grant his wish to be traded.

It was a rocky start to the 2021 offseason, during which Watson reportedly was upset with the way the team had handled the search for its next general manager and refused to return calls to Houston's front office. Watson still has not directly informed the Texans why he wants to be traded.

///

I wonder if some of Watson's motivation was to get outta Dodge while his market value was strong and before whats hit him went public.

With CHI's recent luck with QB's, I am half surprised they didn't give up their next couple drafts along with multiple current players to obtain Watson, only to have this latest turn of events play out with Watson suspended indefinitely.

Adam Schefter -    Alex Smith announced he is retiring on IG.

“Because even though I have plenty of snaps left in me, after 16 years of giving this game everything I’ve got, I can’t wait to see what else is possible.”

///

The smart move.

I wonder if he'll guest host "Jeopardy"  :)

Edited by Leader

ESPN -   Steve McMichael revealed in an interview with the Chicago Tribune that doctors diagnosed him with ALS three months ago.

"I promise you, this epitaph that I'm going to have on me now? This ain't ever how I envisioned this was going to end. I thought I was ready for anything, but man, this will sneak up on you like a cheap-shotting Green Bay Packer."