NFL News & Notes

On 4/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, 15412 said:

I guess Mongo forgot he was a Green Bay Packer, at least for a season.  Just a money grab though

I would like to forget that he was a Green Bay Packer too.  

• Like 1

I don't know where to put this, but I just watched Trey Lance highlights. He had exactly ONE legit NFL throw in his HIGHLIGHTS.

Lol @ the niners mortgaging their future on that guy...

He's like a worse version of Jordan Love coming out...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I don't know where to put this, but I just watched Trey Lance highlights. He had exactly ONE legit NFL throw in his HIGHLIGHTS.

I too remember when Carson Wentz was the second coming. I also think the discourse around Love vs. this year’s QB class is absurd. I’ve seen people say he’d be QB6 in this class. That’s recency bias and hype for the current class over yesterday’s news if I’ve ever seen it. Love was, believe it or not, talked about as a possibility for going in the top 10 not more than a month out from the draft. The NFL Network guys discussed him as a possibility for the Chargers. 

tl;dr: yeah, Lance is overhyped, and Shanahan is getting the benefit of the doubt because he’s currently got the “genius label” in the NFL, meaning no one can think his schit stinks 

Edited by Isherwood
9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Dude your opinion on Lance is weird. Do you just want to believe he’s a bad QB? 

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Dude your opinion on Lance is weird. Do you just want to believe he’s a bad QB? 

The only post I've ever made about Lance commenting on how ALL of his highlights are designed QB runs or throws to WIDE open WR that got behind the secondary with no safety help is "weird"?

Your comment is weird, not my observation lol.

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What is an NFL throw to you? Being open does not make it not an NFL throw. Guys are open all the time in the NFL. 

You're not going to see a 10-15 yard out on a highlight tape, or a tight window in, or reading the mesh for a 6-8 yard gain.

It's going to be bombs and long runs. IMO very similar prospect to Jordan Love. The arm is loose and live, comfortable moving within the pocket, but accuracy is not always there for him. He needs a year or two.

We got Love with a late round first and 4th investment though, that's a lot to be excited about. 49ers have bet 3 first rounders on this guy. Ballsy.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What is an NFL throw to you? Being open does not make it not an NFL throw. Guys are open all the time in the NFL. 

You're not going to see a 10-15 yard out on a highlight tape, or a tight window in, or reading the mesh for a 6-8 yard gain.

It's going to be bombs and long runs. IMO very similar prospect to Jordan Love. The arm is loose and live, comfortable moving within the pocket, but accuracy is not always there for him. He needs a year or two.

We got Love with a late round first and 4th investment though, that's a lot to be excited about. 49ers have bet 3 first rounders on this guy. Ballsy.

A throw that has a defender within at least 2-3 yards of the receiver for starters. I agree, he looks like a similar (but worse) version of Love. Love has noticeably more lightning in his wrist. Lance has a goofy wind-up as well that's going to need to be fixed.

14 hours ago, Isherwood said:

tl;dr: yeah, Lance is overhyped, and Shanahan is getting the benefit of the doubt because he’s currently got the “genius label” in the NFL, meaning no one can think his schit stinks 

Can you blame anyone for that, really? He's strung together *checks notes* one consecutive winning seasons. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Can you blame anyone for that, really? He's strung together *checks notes* one consecutive winning seasons. 

I think he's probably a good HC - but wasnt he OC for ATLs collapse in the SB?

The jury is out whether he’s a “good” or a “bad” head coach, but his media indoctrination as “the NFL’s current genius wunderkind” reminds me of both Kliff Kingsbury and Eric Mangini, who both suck majorly. 

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

The jury is out whether he’s a “good” or a “bad” head coach, but his media indoctrination as “the NFL’s current genius wunderkind” reminds me of both Kliff Kingsbury and Eric Mangini, who both suck majorly. 

I was throwing shade, but I am on board with thinking Shanahan is a really good HC. But with the injuries SF gets every year, it's like he ran over an old gypsy woman or something. And in the end, no one gives a crap if you were snakebit by injuries, all that is going to show up is the W/L record and his has 3 10 loss seasons in 4 yrs. 

At least the Bears competence was temporary

they just released a starting caliber LT that will be a FA after this season, absorbing a $5.1 million dead cap hit to save $6million in cap space.

Imagine the outrage here if we did something this dumb lol